Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Icky.

Icky.

I was in Menards tonight, a home improvement chain kind of like a Home Depot or Lowes, you know, full of cheap junk for the most part but with some necessary materials for the remodel, too. Anyway, religious Christmas music was playing SO LOUD and it felt horrible!! It was like the subliminal message was "shop to honor Christ's birth. We will worship in this plastic-filled temple of consumerism." Ew.
    Kelli

My gluten free blog: Twin Cities Gluten Free
    Our house remodel blog: Our Fair Abode

Wish I had a "like" button for that image.

DH is a regional manager in retail and has taken to wearing ear plugs when he goes into one of his stores. He says the holiday music drives him crazy.

LOL bae. That was perfect.
    My blog: www.sunnysideuplife.blogspot.com

Guess why I smile? Because it's worth it. -Marcel the Shell with Shoes

Can I add that I find most places these days - retail stores, restaurants, shopping malls, etc. - are all playing their music too LOUD?
    I always thought that unless you were attending a live concert, music was supposed to be something in the background, a pleasant addition to your experience. What is the purpose of playing the music frantically loud? If you want to actually drive customers away, it's working with me.

I don't get it.
    Kelli

My gluten free blog: Twin Cities Gluten Free
    Our house remodel blog: Our Fair Abode

Well, I heard Paul Simon music in the shopping palace I attended today. This is after hearing Paul Simon music in the grocery store.

Somewhere along the way, Paul Simon became Muzak.

I don't know how the employees of shops like Abercrombie don't incur hearing loss. I don't understand how they could pass a safety inspection without providing earplugs. That and the scent they pipe through the air. Couldn't work there if you had any type of respitory issues.

I worked in retail for years and there is nothing that kills the Christmas spirit faster than listening to the same Christmas music over and over at a loud volume. I love Christmas music but I like it soft, peaceful and a large mix of styles.

PS I wish we did have like buttons. Good one BAE.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    I was at a Hispanic supermarket here in Phoenix today and they were blasting Christmas music in English - I'm dreaming of a white Christmas - very surreal as how likely are we in Phoenix AZ to have a white Christmas, and also surreal as that was the first time I have ever heard music in English there.....And yes, it was very loud and quite annoying. Rob

Thread Information