Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nice 20x20 house

Nice 20x20 house

I think this A-frame would be more livable than a 12x12 cabin. I really like the looks of it.
    My family spent a few weeks in a very similar cabin when I was a kid, and I have loved A-frames ever since. This one really looks buildable, DIY!

Last edited by Gardenarian; 12-1-11 at 4:29pm.
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.” -- Gandalf

Holy cow, I actually inserted a photo! Success!
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.” -- Gandalf

That is really nice. I LOVE the deck!! We built a 24x28 home with a half loft a year ago. We downsized from a 5 bedroom split-entry! Talk about de-cluttering! lol

Let's see if I can insert a picture...

Last edited by Simplicity; 12-1-11 at 9:12pm.
    Lurker/poster formerly known as squeak

Wildflower
    Oh, I love A-frame houses! We stayed in a tiny one by a lake last summer for our vacation. Now my dream is to downsize, get rid of most all of our stuff, and live in one fulltime. Just me, DH, our little dogs and cat would be quite happy I think, in a small A-frame.... add in garden, storage shed, and scenic view, and it would be just perfect!

very cool!

I love small living; i really do.

I really, really like that! I so want to start living smaller - this is great motivation for me to continue with my personal downsizing and decluttering. Thanks!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

We stayed in an A-Frame condo once and I always hit my head in the loft. We had friends that lived in one while running a local resort and they struggled with furniture placement.

I think what started my desire for 'small-living' was maybe 22 years ago in a Better Homes and Garden magazine (I think) was a barn style 20x24 kit garage that a family had turned into their weekend cabin. With the barn style roof they were able to put in an actual staircase and a bunk room and bedroom upstairs. I've mentioned before that I can't do spiral stairs without falling. I can still draw the floor plan and can see the magazine layout down to the colors and furniture placement in my mind. I kept that and other 'small' designs in a file for years and years. Not sure exactly when I 'decluttered' that file but kind of wish I'd kept it.

My husband thinks our cabin (cape cod with dormers and covered porch across the whole front) is too tiny at 1500 sq ft but I'd love to go smaller.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Mrs-M
    Cabins and me go hand-in-hand, and A-frames are no exception to the rule.

Simplicity. Absolutely beautiful! So lucky you are.

Simplicity should put in more photos! Beautiful house and surroundings!
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

1500 sq ft was larger than the house we lived in in PA (it was 1300), and even then, that house was big for us! so, yeah, that's a big second home.

Thread Information