Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Family Feud (yes, the fun continues)

I would love to try and get hold of one of the older drugs but the doc I'm seeing won't prescribe them. He will, however, give out free samples and a discount on the new, "fun" stuff like Cymbalta. I may be looking for a new doctor.

Quote Originally Posted by lhamo View Post
    Agree about the anti-depressants. I know money is really tight for you guys now, but this is serious. Some of the older drugs are probably available for the extra cheap $5 copay at Target/Walmart, etc. Or maybe you can find a sympathetic doc who will give you the free samples they get.

(((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))) And good luck with your job interview. I cried at mine and still got the job! And have gone on to great success in spite of the damage inflicted by my previous psycho boss. Here's hoping you can find a mensch like my current boss who will see your potential and give you a shot.

lhamo

lib - i didn't feel right leaving my bootstraps/pep talk up.

Take care of yourself. We believe in you.
    Last edited by mtnlaurel; 1-12-12 at 5:45pm. Reason: didn't sit well with me

((((LIB)))), I'm thinking and praying for you today. You are strong, even though you may not think so right now. You can get through this!

I'm sorry it didn't work out. Glad they were kind to you. I hope you get that break soon. Read Burns. Good stuff, indeed. Check in often here -- you have a lot of people who care for you in this community and we're here for support when you need it.

lhamo
    "Seek out habits that help you overcome fear or inertia. Destroy those that do the opposite." Seth Godin

Thank you. I'm doing a bit better now. Started taking Lexapro again, rather than these newer drugs, which can have terrible withdrawal symptoms; indeed, there is a withdrawal "syndrome" and I believe that is part of what's been happening to me.

Lexapro was great for me

I was just rereading this thread and thought I'd update it.

I'm still taking a half-dose of Lexapro and it is keeping me sane. If I have to stay on it the rest of my life, I will.

I'm afraid to say anything further about family relationships because I don't want any more problems in that area. Let me just say this: If I can't talk about my relationships with people online, or even my friends because the family member will be angry with me, where am I supposed to get support? A professional, only?

LIB,

Glad the medication is working for you. You should definitely stay on it if it is helping you. Regarding your family issues, I don't have an answer for you but it seems to me that someone whose behavior is causing you pain and who will not allow you to use whatever resources you need to cope with that does not have your best interests at heart. YOu shouldn't just have to stuff your feelings and deal with whatever they are doing on your own, especially considering all the other stresses you are under. It is fine and healthy for you to stand up for yourself and what you need. You don't have to tear the other person down to do that, just state your needs and attend to them. I know, easier said than done. But I hope you can find the strength/resolve to put yourself first. Sometimes that means you need to draw some boundaries and put some distance between you and the person causing the pain. That is hard, but also healthy. And you deserve health and happiness. I hope you can find it. We're all pulling for you. Come back for support often, even if you don't feel you can/should share the details.

lhamo
    "Seek out habits that help you overcome fear or inertia. Destroy those that do the opposite." Seth Godin

Lhamo, thank you for your kind words. I have trouble with boundaries. I also have trouble in making a statement and then sticking to it. I'll keep trying.

Thread Information