Thread: 24 ways to earn $100.00 bucks

24 ways to earn $100.00 bucks

Hi Simple Friends. Haven't been around in too long. Work has been killer this year!
    Looking to help a young friend with some good ideas to reach his goal of getting out of debt. Thought I would seek your collective wisdom. Could you guys post your thoughts on different ways one could earn a hundred bucks? Thanks!!!

I'll start: sell your unwanted books back..

Babysitting
    Petsitting (harder to find these gigs now, tho, IMO)
    Sell junk on eBay

Sure I could think of more but my brain is Friday mush . . .
    Kelli

My gluten free blog: Twin Cities Gluten Free
    Our house remodel blog: Our Fair Abode

depends upon the amount of time/effort that he can put into it.

for me, it's taking on another private client per week would earn me $90 per week. So that's close. Also selling 1 more client on a 4 week concession would do it. That would be an extra $100/week.

Mrs-M
    • Incorporating the running of errands for neighbours while out doing ones own shopping. A nominal fee could be charged, and well deserving when one takes into consideration the service provided.
    • Offering a pressing/ironing service.
    • Sewing/seamstress work. (I used to babysit for a lady who worked out of her home doing seamstress type work). She was always busy.
    • A shopping/delivery service. i.e. Emergency items such as toilet paper, milk, diapers, cigarettes, etc, as well as non-emergency daily needs.
    • Homemade goods. (Crafty stuff, ornaments, decorative things, etc).
    • Pet care. (Walking, etc)
    • Home-care. (Babysitting, elder care, cleaning, etc).

Call all the local caterers and apply to be an on-call server. This sort of part-time work is more flexible and pays much more per hour than retail or other common part-time jobs.

I started doing this last December (I first started calling around in October) and for all of 2011, I have averaged 2 gigs a month. At $15/hour (plus, usually, really good tips) for 6-8 hours at a time (for me, this is only on weekends since I have a fulltime "day job"), this has increased my income in a helpful way. December is of course the busy month. I worked a party 2 weeks ago, had to turn down a job last Sunday, and am working tonight, tomorrow night, and Chrismas Eve.

Also check out the "Gigs" section of Craigslist. There's an amazing amount and variety of short-term jobs there.

Kara

Seems I can always find something to sell on Craigslist.
    We've rented out a room to a college student before for $120 extra a month.
    We sold some gold jewelry a couple weeks ago - $980
    Sign up with a temp agency - I was able to help run the cashier's desk at an art auction a few times and I also cleaned resort condos a few times
    If you've got large high-end resorts or hotels see if you can get on the substitute list for bell-boy or valet (tips + wages can be good)
    I did an extra gig of data-entry for a company for a few weeks to help them get caught up
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Snow shoveling in cold climates/seasons, lawn mowing and garden clean up in warm climates/summer.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    I just finished an online focus group for $250, the best one I have done yet, and this one did not pick my brains like others have, so it was great all the way around. Anyone who is interested, I found this focus group through findfocusgroups.com. Worth a try perhaps.....I also have signed up for online juror companies and sumitted my opinions on my first case this week - this one only paid $10 but it's $10 I didn't have before.....I would also say sign up for various online survey companies but they have been paying less lately than they did when I first signed up....I would say go for in person and online focus groups, for the in person ones, google your city and focus groups and see what turns up.....Rob

Thread Information