Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Does anyone use a stovetop percolator?

Mrs-M
    Hey, Rosa. Excited to hear from you Re:.

I recently switched from a Cusienart Burr Grind and Brew 12 cup unit. It is the Cadillac of coffee makers, but I drank the whole pot of coffee and used lots of beans everyday. Now I use a french press and that makes me two cups that is better tasting than the drip coffee. I also have used a camp style percolator in the past, I love the ability to brew as strong as I want with the percolator since I just watch it untill the color bubbeling at the Lexan knob on the lid is what I want for strength. The french press is not as hot as some drip brewers but if you heat surplus water in the kettle and then pre-heat your mug with kettle water while the french press is brewing, I have a stainless Starbucks mug that keeps my coffee quite hot in my back pack for over an hour, while I nurse my first cup in a plastic tumbler that draws no heat from the beverage.

If you want to save money on coffee drink better quality and lower quantity. I have found Oolong tea to be a suitable replacement for coffee after my french press is empty.

We have an electric percolator we bought from the Saladmaster company. The coffee is fantastic and the coffee maker has lasted us about twenty years so far, but was very expensive to buy.

Thread Information