Thread: Who is lighting candles tonight at sundown?

Who is lighting candles tonight at sundown?

I am! In the silver menorah that my opa used as a little boy in Germany (actually, it was Prussia back then). I am ever thankful that my grandparents were able to bring it with them when they left Germany in 1935. At that point, they weren't able to leave the country with money, but they could leave with household goods. Of course, I am ever thankful that they were able to leave at all!

Happy Hanukkah to those who celebrate.

Kara

Blended family here. We'll be lighting candles after we return from driving through the Christmas Light Display.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Yesterday was my 81st birthday. What a great day I had!

First thing was a phone call from my 4th son, the son you may remember I had an argument with on my 80th birthday. I had written him off then, but when he called me that morning it was the best gift of that day. We had a great conversation and it made me so happy to know that we were friends again.

Next was my oldest son and his family.

Tonight my 2nd son and his wife visited me and brought me exactly what I needed--2 pairs of pajamas!

It was truly the best birthday I've ever had...not because of the gifts thet brought but because of the love they showed me.

Wildflower
    Quote Originally Posted by lizii View Post
    Yesterday was my 81st birthday. What a great day I had!

First thing was a phone call from my 4th son, the son you may remember I had an argument with on my 80th birthday. I had written him off then, but when he called me that morning it was the best gift of that day. We had a great conversation and it made me so happy to know that we were friends again.

Next was my oldest son and his family.

Tonight my 2nd son and his wife visited me and brought me exactly what I needed--2 pairs of pajamas!

It was truly the best birthday I've ever had...not because of the gifts thet brought but because of the love they showed me.
    Happy Birthday, lizii!! So glad you had such a good day!

Wildflower
    Happy Hanukkah to all who celebrate!

Happy belated birthday, lizii.

I didn't end up lighting the candles at sundown, but waited until my husband got home from work and we sat down to dinner, around 8.

The dogs had a really nice Hanukkah because I repaired 2 stuffed toys and regifted them. Enzo went through a (3 year) stage of immediately ripping the faces off things that had faces, so there weren't very many stuffed toys around. But he seems to have matured out of that, so I did some surgery and they both enjoyed the "new" toys without any stuffing flying around.

Kara

Thread Information