Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best ways to deal with Westboro?

Best ways to deal with Westboro?

A friend posted that Westboro Baptist is planning to come tell Boulder they deserved the flood because they are all a bunch of dirty hippies. My first response is of course anger, but then I got to thinking that it was actually all pretty amusing. I mean, Boulder *prides* itself on being a "bunch of dirty hippies", having a pot culture and a gay culture and a beer culture and a vegan culture and a fitness culture and an outdoorsy culture and an uber-liberal culture. There aren't a ton of right-wing Christian folk around anyway, so it's not like they would get offended or even believe the whole thing. It almost feels like it could be a real life episode of Portlandia, in a way, which if the atmosphere were like that would diffuse tension. So I think it would be super fun to really just have something laughable-maybe a Tshirt or sign? I thought I'd post and see if anyone has any ideas on how to convey that in a quippy sign or something. Hopefully this was just a rumor but I wouldn't put it past them. If they come, I'll be there, LMAO most likely.

Westboro Baptist Church and Fred Phelps are swindlers, interested in farming civil liberties lawsuits. They want people to lash out at them.

The best way to deal with them is to ignore them, or to call up the Patriot Guard Riders if you like motorcylists...

Yes, I agree with Bae . The best way to handle them is to ignore them....

Quote Originally Posted by Tussiemussies View Post
    Yes, I agree with Bae . The best way to handle them is to ignore them....
    Well, the *very* best way involves heads, pikes, and walls, but alas our standards have slipped.

I would generally agree with Bae, but I am pretty sure I had to deal with them, (at least some of them) before. (I dealt with them because they had just come from the funeral of a nephew in law of my bosses, who was killed on active duty)

The best way I would like to see them dealt with, is being helped by a bunch of blatantly gay soldiers.

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Well, the *very* best way involves heads, pikes, and walls, but alas our standards have slipped.
    ah the good old days... your post made me laugh out loud - but the Westborough church is truly revolting. How dare they is all I can think of when I read what they do. I have seen the Patriot guard in action and they are great.

I agree that to ignore that Westboro group is the best route to take from afar but if they were in my backyard I don't know what I would do. Concerning the Boulder situation, please don't lump 'right-winged Christians' in with Westboro people as Westboro is far from anything Christian. If Westboro wants to go the 'reap what you sow' route then they also will reap what they sow, someday. I think I would just look over, past and through them if possible.
    Last edited by goldensmom; 9-16-13 at 2:22pm.

I was just telling DH yesterday that I was surprised I hadn't yet heard any knuckleheads claiming God's victory over potheads and gays in Colo. Yay, WTG, Westboro---at least you're predictable.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Check out this thread, Rosie: http://www.simplelivingforum.net/sho...light=Westboro

See especially these lovely links: http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headline...ed-by-zombies/
    http://news.yahoo.com/10-nonviolent-...063800626.html

I think the gene pool might be so much cleaner if that pestilence could be eradicated. But alas, we're forced to be creative....

Westboro is a family cult that makes a lot of money by provoking people and them suing people who react. I don't know if Phelps is sincere, deranged, or evil. I think it likely he's shades of all three, but the best thing to do, unless the entire cult could be swallowed up by the earth at once, is to ignore them and let them die. That will never happen, because for all their faults people retain enough simple decency to be disgusted and outraged by the Phelps' antics. I thus suggest we ponder a way to have the Earth swallow the Phelps cult up all at once.

Thread Information