Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I can't believe I ate the whole thing............

I can't believe I ate the whole thing............

LOL! Do any of you remember that commercial?

I wish I could throw some things out, but I just can't, and I end up eating way too much. I've eaten enough chocolate to darken my skin. haha
    I'm ashamed that I don't have more control. Actually, my appetite has been under control for a couple months, but I've fallen off the wagon big time this christmas with all the goodies and other good food.

Tomorrow is DH's birthday, then mine is next week. Then I'll get back on the wagon.........if I live that long.

Anyone else fall off the wagon?
    I guess I should have put this post under the Health Forum??

Off the wagon since Thanksgiving. Winter is very hard, plus three holidays with food food food. We're staying home, alone, New Year's Eve (no desire to party) and New Year's Day (watching football!). No goodies allowed! However, we do have an unopened half-gallon of vanilla ice cream in the freezer.

However, DH#1

... I don't know how I posted that, but I did ...

Anyway ... DH#1, who's poor as a church mouse, and his two kids, will probably come over. Or maybe not. If so we'll have to fix chili or something.

Oh Good Lord. DH#1?? No, I don't have a DH#2! or #3. Egad.

DS#1. DS#1. DS#1

Of course you can throw it out.

Here's your thought for the day, something I got from Weight Watchers, about the topic of throwing out food. I hope that you find it freeing.

The food will end up in the garbage anyway. Why does it have to go through you before it gets there?

If it's not nutritious and something that your body NEEDS, just throw it out. The food has already been produced and the earth's resources have already been used toward it. Don't compound the problem by forcing yourself to eat it.

and kudos to the poster who threw out peanut butter pie. Way to GO! None of us need that 5 billion calories.

HTML Code:
    If it's not nutritious and something that your body NEEDS, just throw it out
    We received a box of homemade candy and chocolates for the holidays. After taking a nibble of a few and checking with dh, we threw it out. I truly appreciate all the work that went into it, but once you have crossed over to another way of eating, that sort of stuff no longer appeals very often.
    Now I am trying to figure out what to do with all the ham that mil gave us since we don't want to eat that either. Hate to throw it out but...

I'm humbly going through the same remorse as you, CathyA...I had just lost 3 lb. in 10 days...then Christmas came---blah! At Weight Watchers the other week there was a good line, "I can't eat it if it's not in my house." That applies to both unhealthy and nutritious food. If there's no nutritious food in my house, I can't eat it, and if there's no unhealthy food, I can't eat it either.

I need to keep that sh*t out of my house!!!!!
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

This is the very reason I no longer have parties at my home!! All that leftover food. Seriously, if you are planning on bringing all that food please eat it or take it back home with you!!

Ran into DH's buddy this evening as I was leaving work. Said buddy was gifted by us with a coconut-cream pie I baked for him, for Christmas, that he took home Christmas evening. I had to bake 2 coconut-cream pies, as it is also DH's favorite, and he didn't take well his buddy getting a whole coconut-cream pie for Christmas and DH none. So I made two (sigh).

Buddy tells me when he ran into me "I ate the whole pie that night!" I say "didn't you get sick?" He says "yeah, I did. I heartily regretted it the next morning. But it was there, and it was good".

I tell DH the story tonight and he says he understands - said he had a hard time not eating the entire pie I made for him. And I'm starting to go "who in the world can eat an entire pie at one time? Who would WANT to?"

I have now confirmed the whole "if it isn't in the house I can't eat it" thing. Sugar is not my personal bugaboo, but with DH (and his buddy) it obviously is. No more pie-baking for these guys for Christmas.....

Lin, make miniature pies. Don't deny them the fabulousness of your pies, just make small size ones.

Thread Information