Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Feeling totally disconnected from community (long)

Do you guys like to hike?

I don't know what costs are involved, but the Appalachian Mountain Club looks active in your area....
    http://activities.outdoors.org/search/index.cfm?grp=4

I'm an introvert but have recently developed two little communities for myself: One through volunteering and attending meetings with a local sustainability group, and another through a small yoga class I found near my house. They give me the energy and strength to make my life better on many other fronts....I applaud you for looking to build community. It can change the whole game.

Quote Originally Posted by KayLRZ View Post
    "Not for nothin'" as my DH would say, but we're a community here, too, LIB. I consider it one for me, anyway.
    Oh, I don't mean to say that we are not a community. I do realize and appreciate that.

But I think I've been spending a little too much time online, and have become really disconnected from my own city, state, county, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by puglogic View Post
    I'm an introvert but have recently developed two little communities for myself: One through volunteering and attending meetings with a local sustainability group, and another through a small yoga class I found near my house. They give me the energy and strength to make my life better on many other fronts....I applaud you for looking to build community. It can change the whole game.
    Yoga is great--I used to do it. I've got to find free activities, though. I called the library today to see about volunteering there, and they said to come in and fill out an application. So I'll do that.

Quote Originally Posted by ladyinblack1964 View Post
    Oh, I don't mean to say that we are not a community. I do realize and appreciate that.

But I think I've been spending a little too much time online, and have become really disconnected from my own city, state, county, etc.
    When you are at the library, take a quick look at this book Making the Moose Out of Life
    http://www.amazon.com/Making-Moose-L.../dp/1554535808

My 3yo DD picked this book out the other day at the library....
    When we read it together....it was more for me than her!!!! ---- The Universe was yelling at me, "Stop researching life and start living it!"
    I am so right there with you on getting offline!

Thread Information