Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread: January Frugals

Jan 31
    Frugal wise this has been a very good month...
    -- frugal this week got ViaRail tickets for trips to visit family first week in April...unfrugal upgraded to first class (got those tickets for the same price as economy would have been) no savings but a much nicer trip that includes assigned seating/very nice breakfast and lunch each way and of course a couple of glasses of wine with lunches...
    I think I deserve a little pampering...
    --turkey soup from makings in the freezer and banana bread too
    --dried two loads in the house this week
    --had a charity pick up of stuff today and I really am getting the clutter down I am finding this frugal because I am coming across things to use instead of buy and makes me aware of all I have.
    --set up new files for all paperwork and read a book about handling paper and reorganized my desk with only four ongoing piles that are in baskets
    ---To Pay---To Do--To Read--To File
    --already did my month end balancing and set up for next month.

Yes, Danna, you do deserve some pampering. Enjoy every second!

Not much going on around here, frugal-wise. No driving today. I am spending $2.45 for food today so not a no spend day. Got 3 free lipton tea bags in the mail. Green tea with acai & blueberry. I'm trying one out right now. It's pretty good. Of course, I am just a beginning tea drinker, so what do I know
    Tyler got a letter from Alma on Saturday. He finally got around to opening it Monday evening. He has been given a $7000 a year scholarship! WOO HOO! He is auditioning next week and hopes to get a music scholarship.
    I'm trying to convince him to take up bagpipes so he can also get the Scottish Arts scholarship LOL I can just picture my Korean guy wearing a kilt and playing a bagpipe ROTFL

Today the work on the house is being finished. New glass block windows for the basement. Hopefully next months energy bill will be more reasonable. I have the temp. set at 60 and I am not freezing. Before the insulation I would have it set at 63 and still freezing.

Making tortillas for tonights dinner. mmmmm good.

Thread Information