Thread: SodaStream

SodaStream

Anyone here using this device? A friend is giving me one she received as a blogger who reviews products. She loves it. We use sparkling water lots in the warmer months. I just did the calculations, and figured it will make sparkly water for .30 a quart, instead of the $1.50 we pay for Talking Rain. Uses no electricity, just a CO2 cartridge. It is one more device for the counter top...

I was gifted with one as well, as I drink a lot of fizzy water and it's saved me quite a lot (not to mention all those bottles wasted). I enjoy having it.

I got one just recently, because of Pandemic Induced Supplyline Disruption, and I've been quite happy with it.

Why do y’all need to fizz your water?

I'm on the verge of buying one. I love seltzer water, but I hate the difficulty in finding UNFLAVORED seltzer water (uh, no, I'm not interested in toasted coconut flavored seltzer), and also all the plastic and/or aluminum waste.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I got one because my family enjoy it. I really don't like fizzy drinks at all, too sweet and make me burp, to be honest. I would drink an occasional diet Pepsi but objected to the price and the burps afterwards.

I researched the Soda Stream, found out that there are levels of carbonation for different tastes, discovered a good sale price and bought one. I am enjoying it as a break from my tea habit during the day and loved it yesterday as refreshing drink when I got really warm from gardening.

I like the fact that my model does not require an electrical outlet. I have tried flavouring with different balsamic vinegars which is kind of fun. Using the medium carbonation setting, I don't have the burp problem either.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post

I like the fact that my model does not require an electrical outlet. I have tried flavouring with different balsamic vinegars which is kind of fun. Using the medium carbonation setting, I don't have the burp problem either.
    I've thought of getting one to experiment with shrubs and maybe oomph up my kombucha. I'm wary of having to deal with spent cartridges, though.

We have one. It works great.

If you decide you like it and will use it long term you can get a co2 tank regulator and buy co2 in bulk. Not super cheap but would probably pay for itself in the long tun. (Although then you’d have not only the soda stream but a co2 tank and hose...)

Edited to add, I had considered doing the co2 tank thing since we already have co2 for my kegerator but then SO’s interest in soda water fizzled as quickly as it started...

I already have a big CO2 tank for my beer brewing, so yay!

Thread Information