Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Okay, what about boobs?

Was smaller when I was younger and bras didn't bother me. They got bigger as I've gotten older, sometimes love em, sometimes hate em. Can't stand underwire, so constricting. And I don't like that it constricts the lymphatics from doing what they are supposed to. Only wear underwires when absolutely necessary in public as they seem to only make padded ones my size with underwire. But most days I wear a stretchy comfy one with no underwire. The fold underneath bothers me if it's hot and gets sweaty, so this type of bra is a godsend. It's either that or a tank top with the shelf bra in it. I did go a year once when I was not working wearing no bra, it was awesome!! That was years ago, and as I've aged the bit of gravity has helped with the under touching that drives me insane. Feel like if I were smaller I wouldn't have that bit of under fold that sweats, but the hubby is a fan of the D's, so it's all good.

Have 2 sis's that have had implants, both went too big, of course, and both wish they had picked a smaller size. Live and learn.

I was just on retreat, so more all natural hippy types. There were 2 women who had not worn bras in decades i think. It really didn't look comfortable. One had her boobs down to her belly, and the other was just really low. It was my retreat obsession

Maybe being a larger breasted and active person myself I just can't imagine that it is comfortable. Even if i do a sports bra, the only way to avoid underwire at my size, i still feel better knowing I can move and run.

Yppej
    You can now see the outline of a few of my ribs, but I am not losing the breast weight, which drags me down. A study showed that women who wear bras have more sagging because the body relies on the bra rather than developing muscles. And here the bra industry had me convinced otherwise all these years.

I just read about bras and why they may not be necessary, it is not as conclusive as it seems. Breast tissue is not made out of muscle, so while muscle can support breast it seems that larger sizes would not be affected by underlying muscle so much.

If people don't feel like wearing them that is great, i am kinda jealous of having that option, but really necessary for me to feel comfortable moving actively

After years of trying a variety of bras, last month I took the plunge and ordered four bra-lettes called "Coobies," which is the cross between a cami with shelf-style support and and a training bra but for an adult woman. I am fairly average-sized as a "C" cup, I can go bra-less easily around here in my hippy town but it is more of a comfort thing for me. It just feels a little weird to me not having at least some support but it is really hot here in the summer and wearing a regular bra is miserable. I gave up underwire bras years ago. The Coobie is a great alternative and it comes in many colors so you can coordinate them with your shirts if they peak out a little in the cleavage area (like a cami) and they are easy to wash and like I said, comes in great colors! I ordered the ones for the fuller figure and even though they look tiny, they are very stretchy.

Here is the link to their website: https://shopcoobie.com/

I love Coobies, but I'm a little long from tip of shoulder to base line / band and would appreciate an adjustable strap.

I long since gave up underwires, they are horrible. Sometimes it's more comfortable to wear a bra, sometimes not, more often not. Yes muscle can support breasts, pec exercises matter. I don't really think I need that much additional support with B cups, other than if running etc..
    Trees don't grow on money

would appreciate an adjustable strap.
    Coobie does have some models with adjustable straps. (Big Coobie fan here, lately its all I wear, except when really hot/hiking when I wear a wool bra from Ibex).

I love Coobies too and that is all I wear. I am on the very petite end of the spectrum. I just wish they had some in cotton for really hot weather. Please tell us more about Ibex, Herbgeek!

Well Ibex went out of business. You might be able to still find some of these bras at outdoor stores. You'd think a wool bra would be dreadfully uncomfortable, but its the lightest, most comfortable thing ever.

Thread Information