Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Okay, what about boobs?

Okay i am at least a DD, that may make a difference. Natural D and above tend to be really soft and droopy already. I keep trying the bralette styles but by the time i get the cup size the band is so large it just slips up. Sports bras are about the only ones that come without wires. I love them but sometimes the colors are so bright that you can't wear them under everything. I just got 2 bras with soft cups, still underwire, but they are super comfy. One black, one white.

Do you think the bralettes would be hard to sew?

Yppej
    SQ thank you for posting the Coobie link. I ordered one camisole with the shelf bra to try out. I am now wearing another brand similar to their stretchy bras, but the thicker bottom band rolls up under my bustline repeatedly over the course of the day and is annoying.

That’s the reason I love underwires is because nothing rolls up. I am uncomfortable without a bra but also am large. I was hoping when I lost weight I would lose some there to but no such luck.

Yppej
    I cannot believe you people like the Coobie products. The shelf in the shelf bra part of the camisole is too thin so you can see the outline of your nipples through the top you wear over it. They also sent a complimentary bra with weird padding that bunched up giving me a lumpy, irregular bustline.

When I go the supermarket I am going to look for round bandaids to use as nipple covers on the weekends at least. I am so tired if being uncomfortable.

The shelf in the shelf bra part of the camisole is too thin so you can see the outline of your nipples through the top you wear over it.
    I only wear the models with removable pads.

Yppej: It's probably a matter of different things working for different body types. I've never gotten the camisoles, only the bras, and I like the v-neck lace edged bras the best. But I am really small - about 34A - so what works for me might not work well for someone else. They say these bras are one size fits all, but I know some really large-busted women, and there is no way you can convince me that the same bra would work for all of us!

Yppej
    I am still on my quest. This evening I went to Target. They have no limit on items in the changing room so I tried on 32 garments and settled on a bra of the type RR describes (they only had one in my size), another one of minimal fabric that reminded me of a training bra but is in an adult size and has a velveteen band I am hoping is comfortable for all day long wear, and a black camisole that will hold me in place but only be workplace appropriate if I wear a heavy fabric over it since it has no lining, so that will be for winter.

I am growing increasingly outraged that guys can go around with man boobs flopping around and that is socially acceptable but women's bodies are judged more harshly.

They say these bras are one size fits all, but I know some really large-busted women, and there is no way you can convince me that the same bra would work for all of us!
    I have to go to the "larger" size they offer. The regular one size fits all didn't work for me.

Yppej
    I found an all cotton camisole at Sears for only $4.00. Yesterday the temperatures were cool enough I could wear a shirt with some heft to it over this, and for the first time in a long time I had a workday without discomfort and pain.

Because everything in our culture is medicalized there is a term for breast sagging, pitosis. This does make wearing bras much more uncomfortable, but my generation is not leading the fight to get rid of them.

Kudos to the younger generation, especially Chidera Eggerue with her Saggy Boobs Matter campaign.

Http://www.theslumflower.com

Thread Information