Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Something different next year.

Every year I make Christmas slightly simpler, so that I do not shock and scandalize our extended families, who are very traditional about Christmas. Last year we spent less money on gifts and bought fewer gifts for the kids. I've been weaving scarves and table linens, so I may give out those for next year. Perhaps we can also do a table top or smaller tree instead of the full size tree. My kids will be 18 and 10, so I want to make it fun and joyful for them.

I already have started on the hand made ornaments that I make for my grandchildren and other little ones. Also this year we will celebrate everyone's birthdays in a bigger way and downsize the Christmas gifts. That way it won't be so much preparation at one time - spread it throughout the year

something different .... ah yea I thought, take a vacation and get away from it all next year for the holidays.
    Trees don't grow on money

We've downscaled every year since the kids were in middle school... Now that they are out of the house, our decorating & gifting rituals are simple & enjoyable. If I change anything, it would to be in Costa Rica w/DH next winter!

Thread Information