Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you grateful for?

My community, which is thoughtful, intelligent, and fun (even the parts of it that are of different political or religious beliefs). I am so grateful to be where I am.

Today I am greatful for everything and everyone in my life. Life in the last few months has been a bumpy ride to say the least. I did not know husband and I could be as strong as we are. Although life took a turn we were never expecting or could have imagined, we know now we can get though anything life tosses at us.
    And I am grateful for my new adult dog adoption, Polly Noodles!

I'm thankful that I've come to realize that I was making some real mistakes in how I was living my life. Thankful it didn't take any longer than it has. I'm especially grateful for the strong bond I have with my husband. I don't know too many people who are lucky enough to experience something like we have.

I'm thankful for my smart, responsible, well-rounded son. He's an amazing kid. I'm so thankful that he's made parenthood the pleasure that it is. So many kids are very CHALLENGING compared to him.

We have our health-we're all probably at our healthiest in years, we financially are without too many worries, and we have each other.

Life is good.
    I didn't want to look back at the end of my life or after some great catastrophe and think, 'How happy I used to be then if only I'd realized it.'
    Gretchen Rubin-- The Happiness Project

Thankful for ..... My Fed. Tax Refund just hit the checking account and I immediately applied it to my HELOC which is the last bit of debt I have.... $8,140 to go on HELOC

That I could write a check for a new-to-us car with fewer miles on it.
    Formerly known as Blithe Morning II

I'm grateful that the vegetables I've been putting off eating are salvageable. They'll all be used today. Bacon-wrapped poppers for lunch!

Today, I'm also grateful for the VA and entitlement programs that will enable an acquaintance to quit the job that is worsening their progressive COPD and likely go on permanent disability. I'm thankful we still have a safety net in place.

I'm also grateful for the VA hospital and my VA benefits - although I don't consider them an entitlement program, more something I earned due to something I incurred/lost while in the service. I'm also grateful that I learned very young that I am MUCH happier with free and inexpensive activities (and lifestyle) rather than an expensive ones. That being frugal and living spartanly suits me more than living extravagently and needing to keep up with the Jones.

Like others I am grateful for my health. So many boomers take daily meds I'm lucky that I don't need any. I'm also grateful that through my own frugality and planning I was able to retire early. Seeing what has happened to so many people during the housing crisis I'm very grateful to have paid off my mortgage a few years ago.

What Mrs.-M said, and for my magnificant cat, a miracle I live with every day. Her exquisite thick, shiny fur is just awesome, as is her IQ. I'm also thankful for a nice, cozy house, plenty of good food, and being in a safe place. I was stunned by the news reports today of tornadoes in the Midwest. This sort of thing seems to bypass the Philadelphia area.

Thread Information