Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you grateful for?

Mrs-M
    Jemima. Have you noticed that the older you get, the more appreciative and grateful you are Re: good health? When I was younger, I never gave good health much thought, because as a younger person we tend to not invest much time over the thought of sickness/illness, but as one ages and grows, the realities of life tend to spike, causing one not to be so blind.

P.S. So glad to know you aren't effected by tornadoes.

My daughter. Don't let anyone tell you kids aren't worth the aggravation and carbon footprint.

Single malt scotch (see above).

Jays barbeque flavor potato chips.

The Constitution of the United States.

Coleman Hawkins.

The written word.

I am grateful for Today! A warm and sunny day, early in MI.

I am grateful there exist things like emergency veterinarians. And I am grateful to still have my loyal little dog at my side, because of them.

I'm grateful because my I am aging right on schedule
    I'm grateful because I have five hours to sit in the airport before my plane takes off
    I'm grateful because I have about 30 hours of work I have to finish in about 20 hours time

Hope I don't sound flip about this, but come on--being grateful for health and family is the easy stuff. Can't we stretch ourselves a little? So what if you don't have a garden patch to be grateful for? Can't you be grateful for the Tarmac? Anne Frank has a beautiful passage about gazing at the blue sky from the confines of her annex prison. Thoreau said "the setting sun is reflected from the windows of the alms-house as brightly as from the rich man's abode."

Meister Eckhart says that if the only prayer you ever say in your entire life is thank you, it will be enough. What is the tough stuff you can be thankful for?
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Good challenge, Catherine.

I'm grateful for the 12 hours I had to kill before being able to catch a flight home. I was able to finish my book, do some great people-watching, make a couple of new friends, visit a museum, do about three miles of walking meditation in the airport concourses, and catch a nap.

I'm grateful for the six hours' sleep I've been able to enjoy over the past two nights. The exhaustion has put me in a dreamy, letting-go state, where I have no energy or desire to push back again trivial stresses.

I'm struggling to find something to be grateful for about a 3:00am wake-up to the doggy ER. But I guess I covered that already. I am grateful to have turned out to be the kind of person who still gets tears of joy in her eyes when cuddling a little (healing) dog.

hi.
    survived several serious illnesses and events.
    thats i´m grateful for.
    i`m alive despite all that.

Dry roof over my head. Heat in the winter and warm clothes. Healthy food and my library card. I'm happy!

I am grateful that:
    *I could sit outside on our deck early to wake up slowly, watch the chipmunk racing around, the cedar waxwings feed on the service berry, the rabbit checking out the clover and visit with DH before the day started
    *I could rototill the garden today,
    *plant my 20 dahlias and dozen dusty millers,
    *harvest the rest of the leaf lettuce
    *seed 4 rows of beans to freeze, can and share with our neighbour if the beans grow well
    *relax in a warm bath to ease my tired muscles
    *have been invited out to dinner at my other neighbour's who is respectful of our low-carb choices and DH enjoys visiting her.
    Life is good!!!!

Today....RAIN!!!
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Thread Information