Thread: healthy hoarding!

healthy hoarding!

DH and I are going to a dinner tonight, and he is in charge of the entertainment, and he wanted to give something as a door prize.

So I ran to my small stash of ready-to-give gifts (some that are regifts) and whipped together a gift bag of tea, a new travel cup, beautiful note cards and a couple other doo-dads and diddly notwhats, wrapped it all in my other stash of colorful tissue paper, and placed it into a like-new gift bag. We didn't buy a thing, and I decluttered items that I will never use. Hehehe.

I'm not a true hoarder. But I have my little stashes of stuff, and they do come in handy!

good job!
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Awesome! Sounds like a win-win-win! :-)

Well done!

I also keep a stash of re-gifts, nice 'new' yard sale finds, or super deals in the back room. When it's time to give something, especially a small or token gift, that is where I'll 'shop' first.

Then wrap it with yard sale paper and ribbon, and a homemade card. People seem to react really well to my gifts too.

I actually am a boarder-line hoarder so I have to really be aware of 'saving' things.

Cool! Sounds like a great door prize, and you have less stuff!

Wildflower
    My SIL does the same thing on a regular basis - many members of our family, including me, have been the recepient of a regifted gift from her - the problem being that she forgets who gave her what and we all have received gifts that we gave her originally. I don't bother to give her gifts anymore, we take her out to dinner instead for her birthday and Christmas. LOL

Don't get me wrong - I think what you did is great, earthshepherd, but those who regift need to be sure they remember who they got the gift from originally....

...but those who regift need to be sure they remember who they got the gift from originally....
    Good point. I have re-gifted for years, and do (currently) remember where the items came from originally. I recently had been thinking however that as I get older it might be wise to start attaching a note who they were from on the gifts in the 'treasure trove'.

Of course as I get older, so will my friends, .... they might forget too.

LOL! Yes, I too, on occasion, have received a gift back that I gave to someone. It really is good to remember who gave you which what-nots!!

That's grand, and I would use the note cards if I got them. Ive also used up tea that someone else gave me, tea that I would never buy myself, but I liked it when I used it.

Thread Information