Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Where do you hide stuff?

The Nutella...I forgot about that. When we have it, it hides behind the flour bin or my son would eat it all.

The stories about husband who don't know where things are (my husband included) reminds me of a stand-up routine by Rosanne Barr. She said, "How come husbands never know where anything is? 'Hey Rosie, we got any Cheetos left?' Like he can't pick up that sofa cushion and look for himself."

Quote Originally Posted by Kathy WI View Post
    reminds me of a stand-up routine by Rosanne Barr. She said, "How come husbands never know where anything is? 'Hey Rosie, we got any Cheetos left?' Like he can't pick up that sofa cushion and look for himself."
    ROTFL....I am loving this thread.

I wanted to start this thread last summer, but I thought we would be telling burglars where to look.

My bf got robbed last year. The places where they looked: In the clothing dresser, however they didn't look in the right drawer because he did have something in one of them (now that I asked him, he didn't remember what). They looked at the head of his bed, under the mattress, which is where some people put a gun. On the night-stand. Other than that, his perps were quick and were only interested in the TV and laptop that were in sight.

I've got another one of those husbands - if it isn't on the kitchen table, it's "hidden!"

Once long, long ago (way back in the late '70's) on my first trip to England after high school, I smuggled a joint through customs by hiding it in a tampon applicator...half was smoked in a hotel in London, the other half was enjoyed while walking through a very small village's commons area. Man, I shudder to think now, but what if I had been caught ?????!!!! I was traveling with my friend and her little sister and mother...what a foolish teenager I was!

My sweetie calls it either "male refrigerator blindness" when he can't find something in the fridge, or for other things, the "lack of a utero homing device"......but I swear, he can actually be looking right AT something and not be able to "find it".

I thought it was just him.....is it really that prevalent?????

One of the pieces of furniture I built has a secret compartment in it. I don't hide anything from DH, it's a pure emergency cash stash. This house is nearly 100 years old and has a couple of natural odd hidey holes, too.

Seeing as I'm doing this road warrior thing, if I want to hide anything from DH it stays in the hotel room. If I have to bring it home it stays in my case (which is in a permanent state of half-packed or half-unpacked, depending on what day of the week it is).

Peanut butter is my Nutell and I can't even buy it.

Peanuts--close to peanut butter, I ask DH to hide and then, when I need a few peanuts for cooking or whatever, I ask him to retrieve the peanut jar. For a long time he hid them in the downstairs shower which we never use, where we store recycling containers. But one day one of the resuce dogs poked around there and lead me to the peanuts. Good dog! NOw DH has found another place for the peanut jar.

That's funny. I've heard of dogs sniffing for drugs, but not for peanuts. Guess they didn't get paid much. Har, har.

I have an old chest that has a hidden compartment. I used to use that for extra cash.

I don't really like the idea of hiding things in the house however, but I understand it, especially for certain foods. The fear for me would be forgetting about something really valuable, and then it being 'lost' forever. Or worse - an older friend stashed $200 in an envelope and accidentally tossed it when going through her files. She did like her wine....

Thread Information