Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Challenging myself to kindness and positivity

Oh, that reminds me of the first time I was sick without my mom. I was puking in the guest bathroom in the dorms so the other girls didn't have to listen to it in the community bathroom . . . uffda. Ah, adulthood.

Last night a random kindness was done to my husband and I. We went over to our old house to meet the tenants and to shovel the corner lot one last time, yippee! But someone had blown 90% of it out! That was a HUGE kindness because the snow we had was very, very heavy and the remaining 10% clogged our snowblower almost immediately, leaving us to shovel. No one's done that in a lot of years over there so it was really, really nice that it happened that day. I didn't feel well and DH had already shoveled our place.

That, in turn, made me think of this thread, and how I could be kinder.

I'm going to try to direct more kindness to my DH. I have been really cranky with him lately, and picky. Like, he isn't putting away the Tupperware the way I want it. Well, first of all, how dumb to get worked up over that. Secondly, I haven't let him know how I've had in mind how we should do the Tupperware, anyway. Third, there really isn't enough room in the cupboard where I started to put it, so what was he supposed to do?
    Kelli

My gluten free blog: Twin Cities Gluten Free
    Our house remodel blog: Our Fair Abode

Quote Originally Posted by fidgiegirl View Post
    Oh, that reminds me of the first time I was sick without my mom.
    Thanks, fidgiegirl...when you say that, I realize that being a mom emeritus makes me feel so good... My kids are just starting to tell me how much they appreciated my being by their sides when they were sick: Most notably they recall one incident when I made Hamburger Helper when the hamburger was bad, and as a result the WHOLE FAMILY was sick. My kids were so impressed that I was sick as a dog, but cleaned up their sickness. So nice to have our small motherly sacrifices acknowledged. And BTW, we NEVER ate Hamburger Helper again.

So consider that comment to all mothers your random act of kindness for the day.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

In our church a group is studying Karen Armstrong's book, "Twelve Steps to a Compassionate Life" -- very good. Very good.

This is a very motivating thread! I know that my daily disposition really does affect my overall mood and the people around me. Lately at work I've felt demoralised and my disposition has been sour. I do notice that if I make a conscious effort to be more upbeat, mindful and take things less seriously, I come out smiling at the end of the day.

I'm in this with you Stella; I'm going to make it a daily aim!

I was delighted to stumble over these sites this morning, as they really helped me back into a positive place from the grey gloom I had descended into:

http://www.randomactsofkindness.org/RAK-Week/ (watch the video if you have a moment...I want to be like that woman)
    http://positivenews.org.uk/ (wow.....you mean there's good news in the world? who knew!! )

Happy day, everyone!

Thread Information