Thread: Local cotton, local t-shirts

Local cotton, local t-shirts

This is the kind of thing that warms a "buy local" consumer's (like my own) heart every time:

http://www.cottonofthecarolinas.com/harvest10.html

I had no idea someone had resurrected an organic cotton industry here in the U.S. It's one tiny, tiny step, but I like reading this all the same. Go North Carolina!

Thanks for the information. It is one tiny step after another that ends up making a difference.

definitely awesome. too bad they don't just make shirts in white, black, and colors with different shapes/designs without logos, that can then be screen printed how you want a la american apparel.

i would be buying those shirts. did forward to friends who live there, btw.

but how many black t-shirts can a girl have? I need three, actually. I usually do three long, sleeved, v-neck, slim fitted shirts. all black would be fine, actually. Make that, organic shirt company! stop making shapeless, boring shirts.

you know, come to think of it, I think that these cotton companies should focus on t-shirts and jeans. Get in with levis or something, see if they can get those made in the USA again (some are, but most aren't). Anyway, I would do just dandy with jeans, denim skirt, jacket, and simple t-shirts. Done and Done. If they throw in "tights" as well (meaning my yoga pants) in both ankle and calf lengths, I would get all of my stuff in organic cotton. keep it simple.

Kudos for American made. But I don't like the logos either. Keep it simple folks. (I do understand the advertising part of it, tho)
    I may not run with the wind in my hair, but I do get winded.

Thread Information