Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dr. Bronner's soap...

Dr. Bronner's soap...

... Do you use it? I have, for years. Haven't in the last few years, and then discovered this documentary... and I'm going to by some this weekend... He was quite an intense guy.

http://magicsoapbox.com/doc/

We used it for years -- great stuff. Used it for everything (shampoo, household, etc). My mother was like "that stuff can't work" because she's big into her "cleaning supplies" but the Dr bronner's peppermint was amazing to her. I told her to use it on this one chore, and she was like "it won't work." But it cut grease like no-ones business and she was SOLD. She then went on to clean everything in my house with it -- that she could -- and asked me to take her to the store and get her some.

I think the big bottle at trader joes cost us $6? would easily last us two months or more.

Here, that same bottle is imported: $23. Holy god, no. LOL not at that price.

There's a local company that makes an all-purpose castile soap. we buy that. Comes to about $6 per bottle, and lasts us several months. LOL

Zoegirl, not sure if they deliver in NZ but here in China a lot of people I know order from a company called iherb.com. Their shipping rates are reasonable and they have a good variety of organic/natural products. Maybe you don't need it for soap, but for other stuff that is harder to get in NZ it might be a good option.

lhamo
    "Seek out habits that help you overcome fear or inertia. Destroy those that do the opposite." Seth Godin

Yeah, my son turned me on to Dr. Bronner's shampoo--it's great.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I finally got around to watching some of that documentary a few months ago. Still haven't bought any but wouldn't mind trying it.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

I bought some baby soap on the recommendation of someone at a fancy shop. My hands were cracking and incredibly dry and painful earlier in the winter. Using this soap has made a difference. I haven't thought about trying his stuff all around the house. The bottle I bought wasn't cheap but I am going to the US later this month and will have a little chance to shop (hehehe....I am beginning to actually sound like a Canadian when I say stuff like that). Thanks for the link: I'll try to get there.

I use the lavender and rose versions for keeping my body clean. Haven't tried it for keeping my house clean.

I've used Dr Bronner's for almost 30 years. While I did try it once to wash my hair I didn't like how it felt, maybe I used to much and should try again(?) Anyway, a bottle is always in my shower and I use it for all washing of body, face and hands. I also use it in a spray bottle, diluted, for spot cleaning around the house. Nothing is better than a peppermint shower.

I haven't checked out the documentary yet. If one takes the time to read the label (and there is a lot there), it can be quite a hoot.

Quote Originally Posted by jania View Post

I haven't checked out the documentary yet. If one takes the time to read the label (and there is a lot there), it can be quite a hoot.
    Yes, I was always fascinated by the label!
    "Like a bird on the wire, like a drunk in the midnight choir, I have tried in my way to be free." Leonard Cohen

I can guarantee you the big bottle isn't $6 (US) anymore. I think I paid $15 just recently. So $23 actually isn't that bad. The largest jug is something like $35.

Thread Information