Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: my cat is in hospital

Unhappy my cat is in hospital

and I am so upset. She has been ill for about 5 days and back and forth to the vets. Antibiotics and anti nausea shots and more. Now the vet found a touch of jaundice, he says just a little bit.

So she is in overnight at the hospital and I feel so very very sad. She is only 3 years old and a real love. I trust the vet, but I feel guilty and responsible that she got so sick so fast.

We took her in the second day she was sick, but she just kept getting worse. I just feel so horribly horrible at the idea that she is suffering.

I hope they are able to help her quickly. We went through a very sad illness with our 5-year old cat last year; I still miss her. I didn't know until we went through it with her how quickly fatty liver disease can set in for cats - nausea/vomiting or not eating for just a few days can be quite serious. Hope your kitty's soon in the clear.

Hugs to you kally and to your kitty!
    My blog: www.sunnysideuplife.blogspot.com

Guess why I smile? Because it's worth it. -Marcel the Shell with Shoes

Wildflower
    Sending healing vibes to your kitty. I hope she will be ok. Please keep us updated. Hugs, Kally.

you know it will be a long night. I am letting the worst case scenario thoughts run away with me. How do you stay calm at a time like this? I just feel so bad for her.

kally that's too bad, I wonder what caused her to take sick so quickly? It is a great thing that you got her into the vet early.

Poor puddy tat! Hope she's better really soon!

I got her into the vet early, but the treatments weren;t working and she just got sicker and sicker. I feel she might not make it. I am so upset and I feel responsible and guilty for what she was suffering.

how have you other pet owners handled it when your pet was seriously ill. I am sick with worry.

Kally -
    Remember you're doing the very best you know how with the knowledge you have. The vet's office is the best place for her to get better at this time. She won't be lonely because there are others there who are also not feeling well.
    You've had her for a long enough time for her to know you are home to her. Being away for that time will not negate that and when she is better she will be soooo happy to be back home again

My 15 yo American cat had failing kidneys and new vet here in Japan took her for 5 days (gulp!) and when she returned she was in great condition and had learned 5 new meows!

Be sure to take care of yourself so you will be healthy when she returns. If you are really having a difficult time sleeping, I have on rare occasions taken a half a benedryl to help take the edge off so I can get some rest.

Keep us updated.

Thread Information