Thread: How to Burn Brush

How to Burn Brush

I have my burn permit for brush and tree debris. Yesterday, I attempted to start the burn. I used newspaper to start the fire under a pile of limbs but the flames did not ignite the wood as I imagined and went out after a few minutes. The pile of debris is large but I tried to start a small pile and meant to feed it all afternoon. The debris is very dry. I thought the whole thing would go up in one big whoosh!

How on earth do you start a fire without gasoline? The permit says no to lighter fluid, etc...

City girl learning how to do things.
    Here is a link to my blog page http://francesannwy.wordpress.com/

I have a hundred or so mature trees in my back yard and find it necessary to burn the discarded bits several times a year. I've found it best to start small. Gather small twigs and shredded bark into a pile and use your newspaper to start that, then add progressively larger bits of wood. It won't take too long before you can then add the big stuff without problem.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

I noticed that Caltrans builds big piles and than puts road flares in the piles. It even works when it is very wet. But alen says is a good way to do it.

Thread Information