Thread: Smash - the TV series on NBC

Smash - the TV series on NBC

I have watched all the episodes of Smash so far (NBC) and absolutely love it! This show is head and shoulders above the usual network fare. I have always been a big fan of musical theater, and I can't believe that a show with the production caliber of Smash is on network tv.

I am really enjoying watching Angelica Houston develop her character, too.

Quote Originally Posted by AnneM View Post
    I have watched all the episodes of Smash so far (NBC) and absolutely love it! This show is head and shoulders above the usual network fare. I have always been a big fan of musical theater, and I can't believe that a show with the production caliber of Smash is on network tv.

I am really enjoying watching Angelica Houston develop her character, too.
    I'm glad Smash is there for you musical theater fans. I watched the first episode and thought it was ok, but I don't like musical, so there was too much singing for my taste. ha ha.

I'm attempting hard not to get hooked on Smash because I'm trying(!) to wean myself away from television. The bits and pieces I've seen though are awfully good. Interesting that I am a musical fan, but I've never been able to get into Glee the way other folks have. Although to be honest, it probably wouldn't take that much to get me hooked on it, too.

I enjoy it. The television critics complain it is too predictable, but I am just enjoying the performances, and the fact that it's not another cop/lawyer/doctor show. I like some of those, but it's nice to see a different niche pictured on television. I liked Glee for about a season, and then the plot and characters got so ridiculously inconsistent I gave up.

Quote Originally Posted by Nella View Post
    I'm attempting hard not to get hooked on Smash because I'm trying(!) to wean myself away from television. The bits and pieces I've seen though are awfully good. Interesting that I am a musical fan, but I've never been able to get into Glee the way other folks have. Although to be honest, it probably wouldn't take that much to get me hooked on it, too.
    Glee is funny because it is so camp. That blond cheerleader is one of my favorite tv characters, she is so dingy. I dont' watch Glee much, though.

Thread Information