Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Simple Living dating website?

Simple Living dating website?

Hi, guys! Been a while. It has been a crazy 6 months and I am just getting back into the swing of things. I am looking for a singles site to look for guys that are looking for gals that really are into simple living. I have tried Match.com (disaster, scammers everywhere!) and now I am on ChristianMingle.com. Not ready to dive into anything right now, but am looking for a nice guy that actually understands what SL is!

I see a lot of new "faces" on here, too!

Sissy
    I may not run with the wind in my hair, but I do get winded.

They started a "Personals" section over at the Mr. Money Mustache forums, though it doesn't look like many people are using it. But you could take a look at the blog/forums there. There're several of us who frequent both places.

thanks Kestra! do you have a link for the website?

Ok, I found it. Am looking it over. Thanks again.

Wildflower
    Please be careful with any dating website. My sister has had some really bad experiences with men not being who they say they are.

She also followed all the rules when she met one man in person that she had been talking to for quite awhile online. They met at a public place, a restaurant, coming in different cars...just like this dating website said to be safe she should do. She did not like this man after meeting him in person, he followed her to her car after dinner and she tried to get away from him, but he sexually assaulted her. Please be careful!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wildflower View Post
    Please be careful!!
    So what's the suggestion instead? Be single? (that works if it makes you happy, but not if you'd rather not) Carry mace? Join a social group is often a thing suggested instead but I don't tend to find many single men in any social groups I join, not that they aren't ok otherwise and all.
    Trees don't grow on money

You can meet unsavory characters anywhere, including at church. (Wasn't there a recent thread on this kind of thing?) I would have been all over on-line resources in my dating days, as wit and literacy are important to me and maddeningly elusive IRL.

And speaking of hand-to-hand combat brings to mind a date I had with a fellow art student. "No means No" was lost on him. Good workout, though.

Thanks for the warnings, ladies! I have been on Mingle.com and ALL I got was scammers! Been on ChristianMingle and my first day a scammer showed up. They seem to follow a pattern and are becoming pretty easy to spot. I have been looking closer to home now and really scrutinizing their profiles and info. Not to say that one might operate a bit differently! Am being careful. But none of them seem to know the meaning of "simple"!

Wildflower, I am sorry that happened to your sister. How awful.

Yep the badies are everywhere! But not all of them.

The dodgiest guy I ever dated I met at church. I would have married him - but he was already married and in debt and a compulsive liar. A lucky escape indeed. My DH of 11 years I met online.

Quote Originally Posted by julia View Post
    The dodgiest guy I ever dated I met at church. I would have married him - but he was already married and in debt and a compulsive liar. A lucky escape indeed.
    Eek! That's horrid.

I've got one friend who is doing a lot of funny Facebook posts about the local men she is meeting on-line dating.
    The latest 'reject' was using a photo that was 60 lbs lighter, when he had a full head of hair and was obviously employed at something that required suits and clean haircut. He showed up balding with a beer belly, unkempt dress and dirty nails and had the gall to ask her to turn around so he could see if he approved of her looks. She did turn....but it was only to leave the restaurant.
    She said it's been slim pickings for honest people in their 50's/60's.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Thread Information