Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: March Gratitude/Prayerfulness Challenge

Feeling really thankful today that all of our needs are met. We might not have everything, but we have enough.

Thankful for a beautiful day and time spent chatting and laughing with my sister and DBiL, who we haven't seen in a while, and just chilling out. We needed that. I even fell asleep in the chair, and was awakened when I realized I had let a sleep fart and everyone was laughing at me!!
    Kelli

My gluten free blog: Twin Cities Gluten Free
    Our house remodel blog: Our Fair Abode

I'm really grateful to Rosemary for mentioning that 8 is the Age of Great Precision. That has been showing up this week big time and it was very helpful in recognizing it as a stage Cheyenne is going through.

I am grateful to Diana in Wisconsin, who isn't here anymore, but has been answering Cheyenne's e-mails about gardening questions with lots of great information.

I am also thankful for a small revelation I had this weekend that I think will go a long way in helping me in my Year of Peace and Patience. I won't go into long details, but it relates to gratitude. I have realized that a lot of the things I've been praying for and striving for have really come to fruition and that I need to make a mental downshift. It's not that I don't still have goals and things I want to accomplish, but I need to take time to be grateful for the things I already have and recognize that the goals I still have don't have the same urgency level as the ones I've achieved.
    My blog: www.sunnysideuplife.blogspot.com

Guess why I smile? Because it's worth it. -Marcel the Shell with Shoes

I confess that I haven't been very thankful this month, I've been nitpicking at some things I'm just tired of.
    I am grateful and I am thankful that 'these things too shall pass".
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Gosh, I haven't followed this thread at all. I guess I was afraid that I would have to "weigh in" every day. I think it is wonderful. Cyber prayers and gratefuls are real. Bless all of you ladies for not being afraid to share your problems and triumphs.

I have a easy job that allows me all of the freedom that I need. My DH takes up any slack by being a Domestic god. Since I have CF/Fibro, I am so tired (from my easy job, lol) that most of the time I crash when I get home and on the weekends. He is sooo considerate and quiet so that I can rest.

I am grateful, also, for this forum, tho I am not on it as much as in past years. And I am thankful for the InnerMost house link. These are the 2 places that I haunt. Cyberspace is great when you don't feel like facing the real world.

I am just happy that I have reasons to be grateful!
    I may not run with the wind in my hair, but I do get winded.

I took the kids to pack food for Feed My Starving Children today and it was a huge gratitude builder. My overly-emotional pregnant butt burst into tears when the guy was showing pictures of the dirt biscuits women in Haiti were selling so people could trick their stomachs into feeling full. I am grateful beyond measure for everything I have. Clothing, food, shelter, health, healthy kids, medical care... I could go on and on.

Man I am an ungrateful brat sometimes. So I'll add to that I am grateful for God's patience with my BS and I must remember to pay that patience forward along with all of the other gifts.

Stella, that patience will help a lot in navigating the year of precision! I have to remind DD at times that it is not necessary to correct absolutely everything I say. Also, my DD's class will take a field trip to Feed My Starving Children later this spring. I'm hoping to go along.

I am grateful for my wonderful friends and for having an opportunity to visit friends in Virginia whom I'd not seen for several years. We all just picked up where we left off. We've been through many stages of life together... often remotely, only meeting in person every 2-4 years. Still, strong connections are there. I am grateful that my very best friend of many years seems to have escaped the web of depression.

I am grateful for my energetic, smiling, beautiful daughter who celebrates her 9th birthday this week. Wishing her a year of happiness and love from family and friends.

I am grateful for the promise of spring after a long - though mild - winter.

Happy birthday to your DD Rosemary! I think you and your DD will have fun on that class trip. It was easy enough work that you can talk and socialize while you do it, but it took some good coordination and teamwork.

LOL. This was definitely a good year to choose patience as my virtue of the year. I'm trying to remind myself that Cheyenne doesn't mean to be snotty, she's trying to be accurate but once in a while it gets pretty grating.

I am grateful that this morning is clicking along nicely and that Zach gets off at noon on Fridays, so the day is looking like a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by Stella View Post
    I
    Man I am an ungrateful brat sometimes. So I'll add to that I am grateful for God's patience with my BS and I must remember to pay that patience forward along with all of the other gifts.
    I was just thinking something similar the other day, Stella. I have been blessed with so much in so many ways, and yet I still find things to whine and complain about. Despite that, God keeps pouring out an abundance of wonderful things in my life. It is really humbling to feel His love when I do so little to deserve it. I guess that is the point of grace and mercy, no?

I am learning to consecrate everything through prayer and to listen - really listen - instead of speaking.
    Formerly known as Blithe Morning II

Thread Information