Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: March Gratitude/Prayerfulness Challenge

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

March Gratitude/Prayerfulness Challenge

I have derived a lot of benefit from past gratitude and prayer threads, so in March, to help remember just how much I am blessed to have, I am going to make an effort to be mindful of being prayerful every day. Anyone who would like to join me is welcome.

Will start right now - glad to have a job that is flexible enough that I can leave mid-day on a day like today when I needed to. Last year, I would have had to tough out the rest of the day unless I was practically ready to drop dead. But this way, I will be ready to go back into action tomorrow.
    Kelli

My gluten free blog: Twin Cities Gluten Free
    Our house remodel blog: Our Fair Abode

I am grateful that the pain in my back is beginning to fade, and that someone at work is finding a replacement for me on the case that caused the back pain. I hope they soon find a case to replace it.

I am grateful for all of the help our families are giving us in getting work done on the house before our newest baby arrives in May. I am also grateful for our friends who took the kids this afternoon so I could get some cleaning done.

I am praying that my RLS, which gets really bad at the end of pregnancy, can ease and make it easier to sleep.
    My blog: www.sunnysideuplife.blogspot.com

Guess why I smile? Because it's worth it. -Marcel the Shell with Shoes

While I feel sorrow for those who lost homes and loved ones in the recent storms, I am grateful that none of my family or friends were impacted by them.

I'm feeling very down today about the state of the world, particularly the level of snark that seems to be prevalent in the culture right now. I've actually been considering leaving facebook in particular because it just seems to bring me down right now. I know it's an election year, and that feeds some of it. I am reflecting on something Thomas Aquinas said about Peace, that (paraphrasing) it is not a fruit of agreement, but a fruit of love/charity. People can agree on things that are harmful, for example, agreeing to rob someone. Peace comes when we can view our disagreements in the light of love. Praying today for an increase in love and charity in my own heart and in the world at large.

Maybe I'll post that on facebook just to put that prayer out there to my friends as well.

I'm grateful to be me. Probably belongs to the ego thread...

I am grateful that we can experience the peace and presence of God regardless of circumstances. It's been one of those days.
    Formerly known as Blithe Morning II

Hugs and prayers Anne Lee for whatever circumstances you are facing.

I feel like I need some prayers lately. Not sure why but my energy is really low. Hopefully it's just a cold or something that my body is fighting and not a symptom of anything bigger.

Reading the book Pigs in Heaven and it is making me want to pray for children - again - and all they face. There are a lot of children carrying heavy loads out there in this world.
    Kelli

My gluten free blog: Twin Cities Gluten Free
    Our house remodel blog: Our Fair Abode

Hmmm... Kelli, Stella, can you tell that it's March in Minnesota? It's been about 6 months since any of us has been able to manufacture vit D and we have hardly seen the sun all winter. I myself was feeling robbed today when the meteorologists were wrong about sunshine --- again! Here's hoping tomorrow's 50 degrees comes to fruition. Anyway, I hope you're both feeling better soon. I can commiserate... I've been feeling generally out of sorts and tired, really having to make myself do things.

As for prayers, tonight I am thinking about homeless children. Superintendent of our school district spoke at our PTA meeting, and he said there are 3 times as many in our district as there were 3 years ago, and that other nearby districts have seen substantial increases as well.

Thread Information