Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: March Gratitude/Prayerfulness Challenge

Quote Originally Posted by Anne Lee View Post
    I am learning to consecrate everything through prayer and to listen - really listen - instead of speaking.
    So hard. I commend anyone who is successful!!

Here, lots of prayers. Prayers for our friends here on the boards who are struggling and have reached out, or have not reached out.

Prayers for a high school acquaintance and her partner who have adopted four siblings, two with severe behavioral problems, and are struggling. I am grateful that they have admitted so on Facebook, which can so often be this fake wall of wonderful, so that we can send those good thoughts their way. I wish I knew more concrete ways to give them a helping hand. They live an hour away, and we are not close. Ideas welcome.

Praying for my niece and nephew whose mom is having a relapse of mental illness issues. Of course they never go away but their impact on her life ebbs and flows, and she's at a low point. My niece lives four hours away, and is 24. My nephew lives with his dad at home and is 21. Their mom is recently divorced from their dad (my BiL) and BiL is not able to lend a hand. So they have to figure it out, or watch her crash and burn. Again, not sure how to help them with this. It will be neverending. Need to at least give a call, particularly to DNephew. Perhaps DH and I need to attend a NAMI group, either with DNephew or on our own. Again, ideas welcome. Not trying to turn this into an advice thread but if you feel so compelled . . . feel free. Otherwise, I am content here to express these prayers and hope they make a difference.

Sigh. Makes my issues of "which sentence sounds better in this cover letter" seem pretty dang trivial.

Lots of love, all . . .
    Kelli

My gluten free blog: Twin Cities Gluten Free
    Our house remodel blog: Our Fair Abode

Grateful for a group of friends with whom I can share my innermost thoughts as we meet once a week to listen to an audio course and discuss it.
    Grateful for the mass of daffodils that are bursting open around our house.
    Thinking of those mentioned on this thread as wrapped in love and support and held tight.

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    Thinking of those mentioned on this thread as wrapped in love and support and held tight.
    What a beautiful image.
    Kelli

My gluten free blog: Twin Cities Gluten Free
    Our house remodel blog: Our Fair Abode

Really feeling thankful for DH today. He is such a wonderful partner. I just couldn't "do" life without him.

Also thankful for my awesome MIL. I was having a particularly rough day with the baby yesterday--lots of crying and no sleep for either of us. MIL dropped everything and came over to help immediately. She has such a willing attitude and caring heart. I want to be more like her!

Grateful for people with love in their hearts today. I have been tearful for days now (very sick and suffering little dog, and very little sleep) and the checker at the Whole Foods took time to ask me my story, share her own, and squeeze my hand and offer her prayers --- really an incredible five-minute experience (no, there wasn't anyone behind me in line).

Quote Originally Posted by puglogic View Post
    the checker at the Whole Foods took time to ask me my story, share her own, and squeeze my hand and offer her prayers --- really an incredible five-minute experience (no, there wasn't anyone behind me in line).
    What a lovely thing for her to do. It is amazing how far a little kindness can do. I'm sending some cyber hugs your way too, puglogic!

Feeling really thankful today that my heart is moving toward contentment once again. I had an ugly case of the wants for awhile, and I don't like myself when that happens. I am noticing the true joy that comes with simplicity (rather than the hollow, transient happiness that comes with stuff) making its way back into my life.

Blessings to you, Kat.

Baby girl is teething, so neither one of us is sleeping much. I am thankful for my mother who today reminded me to enjoy every second--even the hard ones--because "babies don't keep." Also feeling thankful I have a nice bed to collapse into.

Thread Information