Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My Neighbor...

I'd hate the humidity too - not sure how people survive those higher %'s. Like anything else, I guess it's what you are used to. Right now it's 33% humidity in my part of the west.

I used to work with someone who fancied himself a real athlete, and made it his schtick to wear shorts all year round to work. Yes, even though its below freezing for at least 4 months a year here, with snow.

Quote Originally Posted by Gina View Post
    I'm dressed like that right now too - shorts, a t-shirt, and sandals. But it's sunny here and in the low 70's.
    Gina - Sure, rub it in!!

Wink

Some of you people (including Herbgeek's former co-worker) are way tougher than I am!

I went out this afternoon and wore:
    - leggings & jeans on the bottom
    - on top: long underwear shirt + sweater + down vest + fleece jacket + lands end double-layer winter coat
    - then stocking cap, knit scarf & hood on the very top

I was still a little cold out in the elements

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    I've only worn pants twice so far this year, and both times were to go to events that required more formal dress than my usual shirts or kilt.

LOL! Like you, I seldom wear "long britches" and when I do they always feel "tight". But wearing a "kilt" in rural Central Texas would take "huge huevos". I actually like the idea but I suspect that my neighbors might talking about an "intervention" for my own good. I assume commando - doesn't everyone!!

In Austin that would be cool but I fear that I would be "road kill". Keep "Rocking"!!

Ladies - a rich dude going commando in a kilt = Life is good!!

Peace

it's o.k. if you live somewhere where there are always people around, but back when we lived thirteen miles from town on a dirt road where, if you were lucky, one or two cars went past per day, you quickly learned to bundle up completely before going to the mailbox, or out in the yard for any reason, in that kind of weather, because if you slipped and fell and broke your leg or were unconscious, you'd be dead before anyone came by to find you.

We had a friend up there in northern PA who fell on her way down her driveway to her mailbox and was knocked unconscious and broke her ankle, but because she had taken the precaution of dressing warmly before exiting her house, was o.k. until she regained consciousness and could crawl up the driveway and get inside to the phone.

Not really a good idea to be out, thinly dressed, in below freezing weather unless you are SURE that if something happens, other people will be around.

Yeah Gina. Rub it in. I went home for lunch and it was 42 degrees in my house. It was so cold in my house that my cat actually acted affectionate. My furnace died. I'm glad it died today while it's a balmy 22 degrees. Friday it was -17 when I left for work.

My college boyfriend would play football, in shorts and a t-shirt, in the snow.

I moved to sunny Southern California first chance I got. And no, I do not miss the seasons.

I was watching those fools playing football yesterday. The last temp that was announced in Pittsburg was -1F wind chill. Yet, there they were, being all macho. And stupid.

Reyes
    What I would do for warm weather right now!

Thread Information