Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Need to name our Farm.....Help?

Need to name our Farm.....Help?

I'm not sure where to put this, I thought gardening and farming would be good. After a few years of fooling around with our farming we decide to get a little together and organized.

(unless you work for the USDA and sent me that survey, than there is not any farming going on here )

So anywho we are going to name the place, get a sign, tax id and get official. We probably will not make money as we both have full time jobs but we decided that if we don't start now we never will. We have been brainstorming for years for a name for our farm. I'm sure somebody here has a good idea.

Here's our details:
    1. We grow and sell eggs, pork, all free range, natural, however we are not certified organic.
    2. We want to expand in the future to other things, chickens, fruits, veggies so we need a name that encompasses all types of agriculture.
    3. We own ten acres of land. We keep children, goats, pigs, chickens, turkeys, cats, dogs etc. Our land consists of mainly open pastures, no woods.

Anybody have any ideas......our fall back is "Our last name" Farms. But we really wanted something catchy. Something that says we believe in growing our own, healthy food. Anybody?

Most farms in this area are big dairy or crop farms and are "Our Last Name" Farm but our farm (crop farm) is named after a physical aspect, 'Maple Ridge', because we have a lot of maple trees on a ridge . With open pasture land I'd probably look at a name with the word 'meadow' in it. What is your primary wild animal in the area? Wild animal, for example, fox + physical aspect of meadow = 'Fox Meadow Farm'. Or you could go cute with something like "Piggly Patch Farm". Still thinking.

can you give a bit more detail on the look of the farm, trees, hills, etc.

we have a farm in town called Hatch-A-Bird farm. I think that is clever.
    or something with nature in it. Nature's Meadow farm.
    Little Wing farm is another one around here.
    Clucking Bird Farm

My in laws have a Christmas tree farm named after the creek that flows by the property. What's a prominent local flower or bird?
    Formerly known as Blithe Morning II

Our business is "Riverside _______" because we live in "Riverside Acres Estates" and a lot of our items are named after water things.
    My house name is "RockRidge Cabin" because we're on a rocky ridge - lots of natural stone patios in my yard and lots of rock walls.

Just real quickly a few things that came to mind:
    "HomeGrown10 Farm"
    "Ten Acre Plenty Farm"
    "Meadow More Farm"

Oh and by the way I would never recommend "Riverside ______" to anyone for a business name it's way too overused. We've ended up having to DBA (husband's name) because galleries were sending our paychecks to another Riverside _____. Our incorporation laywer apparently didn't look very far when we had him research our name requests.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

The farm I managed eith my ex was named J Bar J, after the two founders, both with first names that started with J. It's a classic formula.

Mrs-M
    Oh, I love naming threads!!!
    • Scapegoat Farm. (My favourite)!
    • Coats & Tails Farm.
    • Green Acres Farm.
    • Sleepy Meadows.
    • Farm Fresh Goodness. (From out table, to yours)...

My opinion is you should use your name--maybe [Last name] Family Farm. People want connections: if they're going the family farm route, they want to know more about their "neighbor." Also, you brand yourself, and that's always a good way to differentiate yourself.

There are enough "Happy Acres" types of names of farms out there. Just MHO.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Mrs-M
    What a party-pooper you are, Catherine!

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs-M View Post
    What a party-pooper you are, Catherine!
    Maybe I'm just not in a very creative mood today!

"Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Thread Information