Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Crafty Thread!

Happy birthday to your DD Rosemary!
    My blog: www.sunnysideuplife.blogspot.com

Guess why I smile? Because it's worth it. -Marcel the Shell with Shoes

Sewing projects!

You all would faint if I tols you how much $$$ I spent on fabric in the past 3 months. I bought fabric to cover pillows, make window swags, cover a 4 panel screen, and table clothes.

So far I've only completed the screen half way and a tablecloth, and now we are into gardening season, so little will get done on weekends.

Quote Originally Posted by fidgiegirl View Post
    I find quilting hard. Maybe because it's so big? Although you could break it up into manageable size chunks ("make 3 blocks tonight") so that it still feels fun but leads to the completion of a project. Or maybe DD should get some quilted pillow shams or something like that which would be smaller
    I've done my share of quilting, and have never made a bed-sized quilt. I have a short attention span anyway, and the thought of spending hours and hours on something that would be used up and worn out as a bed covering (or thrown in the bed of somebody's pickup truck for the rottweiler) doesn't appeal. I like to make small and miniature quilts, and really enjoy foundation piecing, which makes teeny tiny projects a breeze.

I'm seriously considering making this rag rug. It's knitted from fabric scraps. I have a fabric scrap bin that really needs to be
    reduced.

The rag rug is underway and it's looking really cute!

I'm sorry I was so grumpy this morning. DD is finally feeling better after having a tooth pulled (but she still hasn't quite admittted that I'm not totally stupid-lol!), I got a little nap this afternoon, and the girls came home in better moods. Sometimes you just need that proof that things will get better. I got a crochet magazine today that has a cute cat to crochet, and some clothing for it, too. Each month they will have an outfit from another country. Next month is the Netherlands. I think this would be a cute thing to make, as dd's niece comes over often with her 3 year old dd, and has another one due imminently. I think this little cat and her clothes would keep the 3 year old occupied. I started making blankets for my dgd's American Girl dolls, but now I can't find them. I know they'll turn up.

What a cute rug, Stella. If only I could knit...

domestic goddess, I'm glad you are feeling better! Your craft projects sound cute.

I'm still working on the rug and I've added one more mini-project. I'm making a baby headband for my soon-to-arrive daughter, Charlotte. I'm going to make it stretchy, using an old t-shirt as the base, and add some fabric yo-yos made from some cute yellow fabric with white polka-dots I had leftover from another project. I love headbands on babies. There are some ridiculously expensive ones out there, though, and they really aren't that hard to make.

Because my insanely jealous cat won't allow me to have another cat, I decided to sew some from a pattern that's survived several decades and many moves. The one problem I'm having is finding the kind of yellow-green plastic eyes I used to use on these. All that seems to be available are the goofy black and white ones with pupils that roll around. I don't want to get that cute.

Also working on a crocheted beret for next winter. The beautiful wool felt one that my favorite aunt gave to me years ago has gotten stretched out of shape.

Pics, people, pics!!!

I am sadly sorry to say that for all my enthusiasm in starting this thread, I have accomplished all of ZERO in the crafting area.

Oh well! That's how a crafty life goes!

Keep 'em comin', do-ers . . .
    Kelli

My gluten free blog: Twin Cities Gluten Free
    Our house remodel blog: Our Fair Abode

Thread Information