Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Crafty Thread!

[QUOTE=Stella;75976...There are some ridiculously expensive ones out there, though, and they really aren't that hard to make.[/QUOTE]

I want to make headbands for my French bulldogs. They will look so cute!

Quote Originally Posted by Stella View Post
    Fun thread! I am making up a bunch of cloth napkins.
    I call that Napkin Therapy!
    I have over 300 cloth napkins I've made - good simple project to do when I need to mull things over.

I'm about ready to put down the needles and hooks for the summer as soon as I finish one last scarf. It's taking longer than I thought it would.
    I too want to make a crochet rug, a really thick one, maybe out of T-shirt strips.
    I'm needing something to sew and may try a few easy dresses as soon as I pick out a new pattern. Forgot to go to the fabric store when I was in the big town yesterday so I may order a pattern on-line becaue we don't have fabric stores with clothing patterns in this town.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Ooh, ooh! The sewing machine is set up! We are going to go get the liner fabric for the curtains, and my mom told me an easy trick to make it a faster process. Yippee! Crafty day!
    Kelli

My gluten free blog: Twin Cities Gluten Free
    Our house remodel blog: Our Fair Abode

The bathroom curtains are made! Pics soon. We have to mount the hardware still and don't have time before we go to dinner. Hopefully I can get a good pic for you tomorrow.

Love them!
    Kelli

I am now cooking up how I can organize our paperwork better. We have filing boxes for the business receipts, personal papers, bills to be paid, etc. but the traffic flow in the new house is making it difficult for those to make it into the boxes. I am considering some variety of pocket organizer for a staging area while the bills/receipts wait for one of us to have time to file them. It's so funny how just changing houses can turn the day-to-day living stuff upside down! I used to really pride myself on having tamed the paper monster, but it's reared it's head again. It's a neverending battle, and we have more junk than ever before because of the mortgages, realtors, USPS, Secretary of State all having sold our names to marketers as new residents to the neighborhood. Grrrr.

http://tipnut.com/organizers-caddies/

I kind of like this tipnut site for ideas.
    Kelli

Bathroom curtains!
    Kelli

Cute curtains!
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

This is such a fun thread, I've enjoyed
    reading about all of your projects.

Right now I'm in limbo, I'm trying to
    Finish some Christmas table runners
    That are challenging me to learn
    Some new skills. My sewing machine has something
    Wrong with the bobbin and I have to take it
    In for service. I can't wait to get these done sinceI've
    Had tem around for some time now.

Stella it is nice to hear you are still embroidering
    Pillowcases I remember you doing
    That when we were at the old forums.
    I too made some pretty cloth napkins as a Christmas
    Gift for my Mom and it's so nice like you said
    To be able to quickly finish a project.

The tablecloth sounds nice and the cardigan
    What color are you making it?

: ))

Hi again all, not sure how I missed all your responses before, must be the forum glitchies plus my computer is acting up.

Well, I trimmed down the sheer curtains for the living room but realized very very quickly that if I want to do this project without killing myself I needed to buy a hemmer foot. I also want to make some small hankies so that will come in handy. It was only $7.25 on eBay and I will have it within a week so then I can carry on.

I did some repairs of some tents for the Girl Scouts today, that made me feel good. I thought the zippers needed replacing but they only needed the sliders tightened up. Neat trick for bad zippers: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ta-khV4nudc. I sewed up the ripped out pole bags, that was all of 3 straight stitches so that was easy and will be nice for them, too.

My sister and brother-in-law and I went to the Textile Center's garage sale today and I picked up fabric for hankies and for sleeping hats for DFiL and DH. That was a crazyville. Interesting cast of characters and LOTS of fabric. For $2, though, nice score of fabric. Must pop it into the washing machine.
    Kelli

I love the curtains Kelli! I was bummed that I couldn't go to that garage sale. I saw your post on that and thought it looked like fun.

Tussiemussies, good luck getting your machine fixed!

Float On, I love the "napkin therapy" terminology. That is exactly what it is. It's relaxing and useful at the same time.

Iris if you make headbands for your bulldogs you have to post the pics! That sounds so cute!

Cheyenne is making an embroidered pillowcase for her Grandma from a drawing she did. It's a rainbow with a lyric from The Rainbow Connection on it. So cute.

I made another pillowcase skirt for the girlies before I was put on bed rest. Now I have to come up with some good, easy projects to do while I sit.

I also spray painted some mismatched flower pots with chalkboard paint. Very cute! I'm going to write the scientific names of the plants on the pots with chalk. It will be cute and also be a good learning tool for the kids.

One craft we made this week as a family was rock garden markers. We painted rocks with outdoor paint. When they were dry, we drew pictures of the plants and wrote their names on the rocks to use as garden markers. I love them!
    My blog: www.sunnysideuplife.blogspot.com

Guess why I smile? Because it's worth it. -Marcel the Shell with Shoes

Thread Information