Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: April No-Spend Days

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    SteveinMN I like that reasoning.
    I've been riding my bike all over so I have lots of no drive days but bad weather is coming. I have four days on call in work to do this week at a location less than three miles away but I probably will have to drive.

14 no spend days for me so far. A few days I did not spend but DH bought something for the home, like milk so I have to count it.

I only spend money once a week for buying groceries for the following week. I take a grocery list along with cash, which means I don't buy anything that tempts me.

I only buy what I need to keep me healthy, no treats. Most of my groceries are various veggies I enjoy.

I keep a half-dozen eggs to make for my breakfast by poaching, scrambling or frying them...no bacon either, no meat since I'm a vegetarian. My groceries cost me around $40 a week.

This is feeling like one of those one step forward, three steps back kinds of month. Just learned from my mechanic that my transmission is shot and it's going to be $3500 to fix it. I just put $1700 into it a month ago for struts, tires, and other regular maintenance. I feel like I can't just cut my losses and run 'cause to buy another reliable used car that will get me to Virginia for grad school in June and through the next three years while I'm there is going to be more than I can afford. Once I get there I can pretty much park the car as I'll be living on campus, but right now I'm just heartsick.

Is it really the 29th? I've had just a handfull, well, less than a handfull of no-spend days this month. I am, however, optomistic about next month! I think all the really big expenses of April are over, and I have a good feeling about May!

Thread Information