Thread: Dallas/Ft. Worth tornades - storm chasing with a helicopter!

Dallas/Ft. Worth tornadoes - storm chasing with a helicopter!

I thought I'd seen everything...Someone posted this on Facebook. One of the Dallas/Ft. Worth TV station's helicopter is storm chasing! Watch the freight trailers go flying through the air.

http://www.wfaa.com/video/featured-v...145976065.html
    Last edited by Tradd; 4-3-12 at 10:24pm.

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    I was speechless when I saw this. I just could not believe the strength of the storm and it is hard to believe with all the damage there are no fatalities, as far as I can tell.

I hope all in this area are safe.

A friend's mom lives in the area. She's OK, although the car she was riding in had the front and rear windows totally destroyed by the hail!

Passed within 2 miles of my daughter's house in Arlington. She and my grandbaby were fine, but mom and dad were freaking out.
    "There are too many books in the world to read in a single lifetime; you have to draw the line somewhere." --Diane Setterfield, The Thirteenth Tale

We're in the Dallas/Ft Worth area this week. When the storms hit yesterday, we were at the Ft Worth zoo with our grandsons. The worst we saw was high winds and hail, both at the zoo and again later on our way back to our motorhome in Burleson Tx.

The funny thing was, the weather event lasted for several hours, with new storms popping up throughout the afternoon. I was surprised to see just how destructive they were by last night.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Glad to hear that those of you near the storm are okay.
    Alan.......I guess it wouldn't be good for a tornado to hit a zoo!! Think of the animals that might be freed. That would present a whole different set of problems.
    Would this be considered a super cell? (I think that's when there are several tornadoes in close proximity).
    I hope the rest of your vacation is less eventful, at least weather-wise!

It's a miracle no one was killed. So thankful for that.

My daughter and two grandsons now live in Ft. Worth. I was freaking out yesterday; she called as soon as she could. They were all fine; the twisters were east of them. I guess if she's going to live there I need to get more used to this happening. Ugh.

She was trying to get home from the north. She said [those of you in the PacNW might get this] it was like driving under Multnomah Falls.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Thread Information