Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Final words from my friend with brain cancer...

This is so inspiring. I hope that (if I should have to go that way) I can have that peacefulness and gratitude for a life well lived.
    I may not run with the wind in my hair, but I do get winded.

What beautiful imagery. I would hope whatever your friend found at the veil and beyond brings him or her peace and joy forever. This must have brought a certain amount of peace to his or her family, to know he/she felt so peaceful toward the end.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

My friend Greg died at midnight last night, at home, surrounded by his family. He had been publicly silent since sending out the words I posted in April, gently descending into departure since then, cared for by his family & faith community, home in the house he built.

Please hold him and his beloved wife and daughters in your prayers... thank you.

{{{{Gregg and family}}}}}
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Today I received the memorial announcement for Greg, who passed away nearly a month ago, and the news that Marilyn passed away this morning... both from glioblastoma. My husband & I will be on Lopez for Greg's memorial next weekend, and we're heading to Marilyn's wake this evening.

Contemplating life, dying, death, love, family, community. Please hold both of their families in the Light...

I am very sorry for all of the hurt you are feeling. Comtemplation is good...not always easy...but good for the body, soul, and mind! God bless you as you journey through your grief.

I agree with Valley, we are forced to contemplate our humanness when we witness the death of loved ones.

Just this last weekend a former co-worker died from cancer. She was my same age, so it's that much closer to home.

So sorry to hear of the loss of your dear friends, redfox. Hope the memorials are a chance to celebrate everythign they brought to the world and the lives they touched.

lhamo
    "Seek out habits that help you overcome fear or inertia. Destroy those that do the opposite." Seth Godin

Thread Information