Thread: Easter

Easter

Is anyone doing anything for Easter this year?
    My nephews are a little old for an Easter Basket so I thought I might
    Get them some interesting kites. Although when I did a search on the Internet
    I didn't see anything unusual. Anyone with any kite ideas or sites? TIA

Mrs-M
    How about visiting a few hobby shops in your area (surrounding area), Tussie? I know ours has everything, even kits and things for those wishing to take a step further. What a lovely gift idea!

I guess I wonder what your criteria for kites is?http://www.buycheapr.com/us/result.j...5&q=kites+shop These look nice.

My mom is coming for Easter! That's going to be fun. As it has less religious significance for her, she is going to stay with the babies while Dad, Zach, the girls and I go to the Easter Vigil mass at night.

Dad bought the kids handmade chocolate lambs and then gave me $150 to buy Easter candy. He's sweet, but there is no stinking way I want my kids sugared up on $150 worth of candy. Instead I checked with him to see if I could get them each a gift from him for Easter. Cheyenne is helping me be Easter bunny this year, so she picked out her own gift, a Maneki Neko sculpture. She is obsessed with Japan. James is getting a hobby horse and Bella is getting a set of three vintage Breyer horses. Both of them are obsessed with horses. Travis is too little to care. He'll be happy with a little Easter treat.

My Easter Bunny helper and I are going to hide the presents and give them clues hidden in eggs to find them. It should be fun. It is more than I would normally give them for Easter, but they will have fun with it and it's better than $150 of candy.
    My blog: www.sunnysideuplife.blogspot.com

Guess why I smile? Because it's worth it. -Marcel the Shell with Shoes

Mrs-M
    Great site, Tiam!

That sounds lovely, Stella!

Easter this year will be much the same as past Easters. A nice ham dinner, an egg-hunt, and otherwise, just a time to reflect and enjoy loved ones. I find the older I get, being able to stay close to home appeals to me more and more. I love the comforts of home.

We had some good outcomes -- we searched Amazon and did find a neat kite that is a pirate ship! I think my nephews will really like them. Got to get the order in now!

Thanks Tiam for that link, there were some awesome kites on there. I really liked the Cinese dragon kite -- really pretty.

Stella that was so nice of your Dad to give you money for the family. I like your gift ideas instead of candy. Sounds like a nice day for the family.

I've already made 4 Simnel cakes for friends and three batches of hot cross buns. Adult family means no need for elaborate egg hunts or anything, which saddens me!

I agree I miss the child side of holidays too!
    Who says we can't give them to ourselves!LOL

I would really like to be hiking on Easter but our friends are going Saturday. So, we'll hike Sat but be at my parents' house on Sunday for dinner. MIL was disappointed but DH was dealing with her so whatever. We're areligious so Easter pretty much doesn't mean anything. I'm hoping some grocery stores are open since it's the only day of the week we have to shop for food.

Thread Information