Thread: Forum Security Update

Forum Security Update

We are planning another forum update tonight, May 4th, 2012 to address a security alert issued by vBulletin.

The upgrade should take place between 10 and 11pm, Eastern time and may disrupt access to the forums for approximately one half hour.

If you receive a notice that the forums are unavailable, please remain patient and try again after a short wait.

Thanks in advance for your patience and understanding.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Mrs-M
    Thank you for keeping us up to date, Alan.

The security patch has been applied without incident. As this is a patch, not a full forum update, you shouldn't see any differences in functionality.

Thanks again for your patience.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Wow, it's already over. Well done.
    Kelli

My gluten free blog: Twin Cities Gluten Free
    Our house remodel blog: Our Fair Abode

Mrs-M
    Originally posted by Fidgiegirl.
    Wow, it's already over. Well done.
    Ditto. I used to go stir-crazy when the old forum would turn the lights off for 4-5 day stretches to perform maintenance.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs-M View Post
    Ditto. I used to go stir-crazy when the old forum would turn the lights off for 4-5 day stretches to perform maintenance.
    I never understood that. You could re-build a site like this from scratch in a few hours, add a few more if you were placing it onto a new webserver. I'm guessing that Dave hosted the old site on his own server and would shut it down when he went on vacation.

Mrs-M
    P.S., Alan. Absolutely lovin' having you in charge of spearheading the technical side of things here.

I'll echo the thanks, Alan. It's good of you to share your time and technical expertise with us.

Thread Information