Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is really hard

ZG,

I think you should also keep firmly in your mind the fact that when you first moved to CO you were uncomfortable with buying the house you ended up it. I remember your posts from that time, and how concerned you were about getting in over your heads. You didn't know at the time that you were going to be divorced a couple years later and that the housing market was going to crash, but you did know it was not a wise choice -- however, it was one that you went along with at the time as part of the process of working on your marriage and family issues. I don't know if it helps or not to keep that in mind, but I have "known" you long enough on these boards to know that you have always had nothing but the best intentions and have always acted responsibly. I personally am so impressed by everything you have accomplished in spite of all the difficulties you have faced -- with your ex, with your kids and their issues, with the horrible timing of your divorce and job search in relation to the economy, etc. So don't beat yourself up. You are an honorable, honest person who has worked hard to stay afloat in some tough times. You are going to come through this, I am sure. Hold your head up high and just keep putting one foot after the other. You've got a chorus of cheerleaders here at SLN to give you a boost any time you need it.

(((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))))))))))))

lhamo
    "Seek out habits that help you overcome fear or inertia. Destroy those that do the opposite." Seth Godin

I wish that you and all the other people who have been run over by the truck of this recession, despite hard work and the best of intentions could get apologies from the folks who manipulated the system to make millions if not billions of dollars.

You, like many others, got caught up in stuff that was not of your making, life just isn't fair, much as we'd like to believe we could make it so, and sometimes it just plain sucks.

cyberhugs coming your way.....it does sound as though you're pulling yourself out of the ditch, have a new job to look forward to, and hopefully the way ahead will be much brighter than what is in the rear view mirror of your life.

You guys just made me cry (in a really good way). Thank you so much. Crystal and lhamo had especially eloquent words but I felt the care from everyone here and it really really helps today.

Now it is my turn to make you guys laugh, it is with me not at me so it is okay. I figured that these calls I kept on getting from an 800 number were from student loans. I recall putting everything into forbearance in abotu April and assumed it must be up and I should call. I never wanted to answer the phone so I tried the reverse number lookup and got some weird answer like a school district in another state. I have been a nervous wreck over these calls meanwhile but just had to handle other things. I went online to student loans and saw that my forbearance is up this April so I am still okay.

So anyway (prepare to chuckle) I finally asnwered the phone from this number yesterday. Guess what it has been hounding me for months and months, ... the substitute teacher call in system for the local school district! Yup, they have been offering me work with every call instead of wanting payment on a debt. I might actually look at some days we do not have school in my district to see if I can take a few sub days with them. If you sub for 3 years then the 4th year you start at super sub pay to begin with so that is worth keeping that option open.

I still have taxes and some other things so I REALLY appreciate what you all said, I am going to print out the thread for bad days. I actually most of the time feel lucky that I do have a job and I am getting insurance and am surviving. There are so many people who have nothing now, executives who can't even get my weekend job. And can we give a shout-out to my honey Matt. He keeps me sane through all this and tells me I am doing great like you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe Girl View Post
    I figured that these calls I kept on getting from an 800 number were from student loans. ...

So anyway (prepare to chuckle) I finally asnwered the phone from this number yesterday. Guess what it has been hounding me for months and months, ... the substitute teacher call in system for the local school district! Yup, they have been offering me work with every call instead of wanting payment on a debt.
    One of the books I read about getting out of debt, way back when, included a story about a guy who got what he thought were two debt collection notices in the mail. He left them unopened until he had the money to pay them off (he thought). Turns out one was a refund check of some kind and the other was an advertisement. Lesson? Always open your mail, even if you *think* it's a dunning letter, because you just never know. Same applies to phone calls, especially now that reverse look-up is free! (I know, because some debt collector is calling my new cell phone daily; apparently the prior number user has some bad debt. The callers got a letter last week, so the calls should stop soon.)

I actually most of the time feel lucky that I do have a job and I am getting insurance and am surviving.
    Absolutely right.

Keep going; you'll make it!

Zoe girl...although, I am not in your exact same situation, I certainly can relate to losing a home, job, and savings as well as having loan repayments bearing down on you. Especially, when you and I are conscientious people who want to make good on our debts. My plan is to just keep plugging away...in the end it will be OK. I think we need to give ourselves a pat on the back for not surrendering, but getting up every day and doing what needs to be done for ourselves and our families. I, for one, applaud your tenacity and endurance.

http://iliketomakethings.blogspot.com

Thread Information