Thread: Renewed faith in my species

Renewed faith in my species

As part of The Great Living Room Makeover, I bought a darling red leather loveseat from Craigslist, for $500. It had originally come from a very well reputed furniture store in Seattle, so I trusted the quality. We sat on it, and loved it. Got it home, and after a day or two it became apparent that the frame has problems. It schlumps in the middle! I was so, so bummed.

I called the store it came from, and they said it might be under a long term frame warranty, but they could not find record of the purchase under the name of the person I bought it from. I called her to find out when she had purchased it, and when she found out why, she immediately offered me my money back! We just dropped it off, she sat on it in the middle & knew just what we were talking about, and handed me the wad of bills I had given her 10 days ago. Said she just didn't want any negative karma out there... God bless her.

I am so incredibly grateful! Seriously... That's alot of cash for someone to just hand back on a good faith Craigslist deal with a stranger. She's 5 weeks from having her first baby, and I am sending her a really nice baby gift next month.

And, we've re-purposed a sofa we already have, put a slipcover on it, and it looks awesome. It's not red leather, but that will happen eventually. It will be sooo nice to put those five big bones back in the bank tomorrow...

Please send out prayer and thanks to Amy in Seattle for being a total angel today!

Thats really cool of Amy.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

We need more people like Amy! Blessings to her!
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.” -- Gandalf

Amy in Seattle, your good karma will come back to you!

thanks for posting.

It's so wonderful when you come across people like that! Glad for you and good thoughts being sent for Amy too! : )

It IS refreshing when you find people who are just plain honest and fair!

bunnys
    She must have had a good Mama.

Thread Information