Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What are good cat toys?

Update: I haven't tried all your suggestions yet, though gave kitty a paper bag that she was half interested in.

I brought kitty a catnip carrot, which is a very tough orange burlap-cloth-like carrot filled with catnip. She went completely wild! The first day, it was like she was an addict, glazed eyes, etc. Then the 2nd day, she was able to rip it open, so that was the end of that toy. It was catnip overload

We just got a new kitten and her favorites are:
    kid's small fabric snake that she carries around
    wire Kitty Dancer with ends of rolled cardboard.
    balls of all kinds.
    furry tail on a stick that we can wave although she plays with it all on her own.

I have to pick up her toys every day and the next day they are all over the floor again.

Bella,the in-house diva,likes her fishing pole,its got a feather and a mouse and she has a ball!!! For when you're home a laser pointer

Update: Princess is now on love with pipecleaners. Middle sized ones are best. I look her in the eye and wrap it around my finger talking all the time. Then I throw it up or down the stairs. She retrieves them and asks for it to be thrown again. She also carries them all over and they get stuck under the refrigerator, stove and sofa. Right now most are lost.

FunNY!!!! I was just thinking, "The Kitty needs some new toys. Oh look! A thread about cat toys. Oh, that was my original thread!"

Anyway, I may try the pipe cleaner idea, and the smackable tin foil balls next

I would 40th (or whatever) the milk rings. Our boys LOVE them. Also the cardboard boxes. They are absolutely fascinated by all types of boxes. I always joke anytime I get a gift that someone sent from amazon that it's really a gift box for them that happens to have something in it for me as well. Even boxes too small for them are of interest. A couple of months ago there was a large (14 x 16 x 36 inch-ish) box down in our building's garbage room, in perfect shape. I brought it up for our boys and they had as much fun with it as my sister and I had with the refrigerator boxes our dad used to bring home from the appliance store across the street when we were kids. Sorry I'm such a crappy photographer, but here you can see how they like all boxes, small, medium, or large...

I just pulled 25+ milk rings from under rugs, a file cabinet and the refrigerator. (Yes, a couple of cats figured out that they could hide their toys under the area rugs.)

Boxes, paper bags and foil balls.

I'd never be able to leave my house if Maru was my cat, I would constantly have to be kissing his fat cat face.

Quote Originally Posted by Iris lily View Post
    I'd never be able to leave my house if Maru was my cat, I would constantly have to be kissing his fat cat face.
    word

Thread Information