Thread: Two thumbs up for Los Algodones!

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar

Two thumbs up for Los Algodones!

Recently I had a dental emergency and ended out going down to Los Algodones, Mexico for the first time. Gotta say after hearing so much negative about what is going on in Mexico these days and after seeing Nogales take a tumble in safety, I went there with a bit of trepidation. Turns out it was not necc at all to feel that way. I would not at all be surprised that one could find trouble there if one looked for it, but it sure seemed to me that as long as you are there to conduct innocent business - get glasses made, stock up on meds, have dental work done, that kind of thing - you should be OK. I saw many eldery and middle aged people there doing the above and all seemed perfectly OK with being in Mexico.

Gotta say I bought two pairs of progressive glasses, eye exam included, nice frames, with the scratch coating, one regular pair and one sunglasses - $95!!! Was also happy to stock up on indomethacin and allopurinol for gout, and Lisinopril for my BP. Combine that with a really direly needed root canal for $130....I think I have found a new favorite place to conduct health care lol. Rob

two more thumbs up from the chickens......we've gone to the dentist, gotten prescriptions, gone to the dermatologist for yearly checkup , etc., in Los Algodones for more than a dozen years now......

It's been especially nice since the Los Algodones Chamber of Commerce and the Mexican government have built that nice shade cover over the long sidewalk where you have to wait to go through U.S. Customs, with the nice benches for the elderly, etc.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by loosechickens View Post
    two more thumbs up from the chickens......we've gone to the dentist, gotten prescriptions, gone to the dermatologist for yearly checkup , etc., in Los Algodones for more than a dozen years now......

It's been especially nice since the Los Algodones Chamber of Commerce and the Mexican government have built that nice shade cover over the long sidewalk where you have to wait to go through U.S. Customs, with the nice benches for the elderly, etc.
    Gotta say Loosechickens, I didn't know what to expect when I got there but as soon as I crossed I thought of you and I realized that I was going to be ok with this place and being there. I kind of feel like I cheated a little bit too lol as I have crossed twice now in low season and did not have to wait at all to cross! Talk about being spoiled! Rob

Thread Information