Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Beautiful images of Japanese Wisteria

We planted a wisteria vine alongside a tree in the back yard about 15 years ago. I believe we're a little too far north for it to thrive, although it is finally beginning to bloom in the early spring.
    We were out of town for a week in early April and were surprised with this when we returned. It's not much, compared to the other pics, but it's been a long time coming for us, so we were thrilled.

"Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Just beautiful! Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    Speaking of Japanese wisteria, have any of you guys in the Portland area ever gone to the Japanese Garden there? http://japanesegarden.com/

I went there while on a business trip in March and I am in love with that place. I FB friended it and now I keep getting all of these beautiful posts with pictures of what it looks like in the spring.

I am praying a client sends me back to Portland so I can return to that garden. It is amazing...

Speaking of wisteria, they have a beautiful rough-hewn pergola with wisteria vines on the "roof" of it. I would love to duplicate that in my own back yard, but I'm sure that as simple as it looks, it's probably not that easy to maintain.
    The thing about wisteria is, it really needs a strong support. I mean, very strong! It will bring down even fairly sturdy supports. Someday, when we rebuild our arbors, I'd like to plant wisteria too, but for now it's just Virginia creeper.

Catherine, yes, love the Japanese Garden here in PDX...

I've been noticing the different homes in my neighborhood with old established wisteria blooming on their porches. One of the perks of living in an old neighborhood.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

I love Wisteria. It grows wild here and is so beautiful in the spring time.

I love it too and wish it would last longer...

Mrs-M
    I would love to have an arrangement of Japanese Wisteria.

Catherine. The Portland Japanese Garden, looks wonderful.

Below is a longtime favourite of mine. A forest of red.

Imperial Palace Garden in Japan.

P.S. Lovely pictures, Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs-M View Post
    I would love to have an arrangement of Japanese Wisteria.

Catherine. The Portland Japanese Garden, looks wonderful.

Below is a longtime favourite of mine. A forest of red.

Imperial Palace Garden in Japan.

P.S. Lovely pictures, Alan.
    I've been to that garden. It is truly lovely. We went when the cherries were blooming.

Wisteria is one of those flowers that brings to me a flood of memories.

As a young new Missionary in South Australia my first assignment was in the small towns around the "Adelaide Hills". It was their Spring and the Wisteria was everywhere. It was really a beautiful place to live.

Massive gum trees, red bottle brush bushes, and Wisteria - and flocks of Galahs. Life was good!

Mrs-M
    Originally posted by Peggy.
    I've been to that garden. It is truly lovely. We went when the cherries were blooming.
    How lucky you are. Is the Red Maple, treed area, expansive? As in lots and lots of Red Maples?

Thread Information