Thread: Tornadoes

Tornadoes

We dove for the basement a few times Saturday & early Sunday. No significant damage or loss of life here in our part of Nebraska. I have a LOT of family in and around Woodward, OK. My family members are all ok, but that town wasn't as lucky as we were. Hope everyone else is ok!!!

Yikes! I do not miss the midwest for just these reasons... Glad you've got a basement into which you can dive.

Glad to hear you are okay Gregg. News says that there were 120 tornadoes up and down the midwest. Definitely a bizarre year of weather.

+1 to the two previous posts. I remember the sound of tornado sirens from growing up in Michigan...and I don't like them! Glad you are all OK.

Boy, I was thinking of you, Gregg....and all our SL members in that whole area of the country. I swear, I'll take earthquakes any day........SO glad you're o.k. and hope everyone else from here is, too.

My mother has been very worried that we will have bad weather, because the news keeps telling her that we are in for it. But, other than a thunderstorm last night, we haven't had severe weather at all, and it wasn't a bad thunderstorm.Now last spring, we had bad weather, but still not as bad as most. We are not in "tornado alley" so that danger is rarely a problem. Glad to hear that Gregg and others are safe, too.

It's only 3PM. The day isn't over yet! We aren't through with the bad weather. We are still having waves of storms. I'd rather have them during the day, while we are awake and aware, than at night as we sleep unawares.
    Keep safe Gregg, and all of us who live in the mid west. This spring is going to be a rocky one!
    Global warming is a bitch!

We're under the gun again tonight. Nothing rotating yet, but some appreciable hail (little less than baseball sized) in the area. Watching the radar, and detouring here, seeing these storms blow up is like watching pop corn pop. Hope everyone is safe. Sounds like MN is getting the worst of it so far, but the night is young!

The hail seems to be a consistent sign of a tornado. The bad storms went south of us the other day. Tomorrow, we're in a high risk area though.
    Stay safe everyone.

Thread Information