Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bushes and Weeds

Seems like everything is invasive anymore. Trust me, I know. I have them all on my property!

Have you had A Tree Guy come out and look at that pine?

Around here, I'd pull that tree out in a minute, with the winds we get here, and our poor soil, at that size it would pose a serious danger to the house and people, sooner-or-later, and they don't get any cheaper to take down when they get bigger.

A Tree Guy might be able to advise you about local conditions, or perhaps just thin it a bit to present a lower wind profile and reduce the risk of dropping branches killing folks.

Around here trees like that grow like weeds though, so removing one isn't a huge deal, more will grow back shortly. I can't ever manage to burn through the firewood produced by simply removing trees that get too close to the house here.

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Have you had A Tree Guy come out and look at that pine?
    We are definitely not in love with this spruce, and it looks ratty, plus the roots interfere with the sewer line. We thought about getting it out, but it's already so big that it will be $$$$$$$$$, and we ran lower than we like on money after the remodel. I would consider having it out, definitely. I am also worried about our mature sugar maple that looks stressed despite ample rain. I am worried it could be diseased, but Google is not turning up many leads for that. So we may have a tree person out after all.
    Kelli

My gluten free blog: Twin Cities Gluten Free
    Our house remodel blog: Our Fair Abode

I can recommend an arborist when it gets to be that time, Kelli.

Thanks, Rosemary. We have a guy, too, but with jobs this size, it's good to have more than one opinion.
    Kelli

My gluten free blog: Twin Cities Gluten Free
    Our house remodel blog: Our Fair Abode

Thread Information