Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heinz brand, new cleaning vinegar

Heinz brand, new cleaning vinegar

Heinz came out in July with a white vinegar that is a cleaning vinegar and 20% stronger than the average vinegar. Right now the only place I could find it available was in Wallmart.

This will be great for cleaning:

http://www.heinzvinegar.com/products...g-vinegar.aspx

Regular vinegar is usually diluted for cleaning, anyway.

So it's 6% acetic acid instead of 5%. Interesting product introduction, but I think I'll pass. I don't buy name-brand vinegar anyway; the generic stuff does fine for me.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Yeah Steve, me too. No way I'm going to pay more for a "special" formulation (if that's the case, but I suspect it is. Why else would they come up with this new special stuff if not to charge more for it?). And like you, I can't tell any difference between the generics and the name brand. 5% is 5%.

The reason I am so glad about it is because our new home has pet stains on the concrete and after research it is recommend to use vinegar as a neutralizer since vinegar is an acid and urine is a base.

It might be very helpful for this purpose!

Mrs-M
    Haven't come across it as of yet, but have been keeping my eyes peeled for it every time I go shopping. I've been buying Heinz Vinegar, for ages!

Really want to try my hand at making a homemade cleaner or two. Have you tried it yet, Tussie?

No need to "make" homemade cleaners. Just use straight vinegar, or dish detergent + water, to clean, and baking soda when you need to scour. When it's simple and easy, it's more likely to get done!

Mrs-M
    Excellent point, Rosemary. Keep it simple.

I'm overdue for a trip to the health food store, but the next time I'm there I'll be picking up one or two ampoules of essential oil (to add to and scent). Also want to try citrus.

I like and find to be excellent as a cleaner is using 1/3 vinegar, laundry detergent and water. I will soon be thoroughly cleaning the new house before we move in and will use this, although the scent in laundry detergent are toxic as they are made to stick to clothing they also stick to the lining of your lungs. I may use free and clear with essential oils. Cleaned before with essential oils and the smell does not last long at all...

The laundry detergent is good because it is made to eliminate grease, grime and stains...

Mrs. M the only place they sell the New Heinz vinegar is in Wallmart next to the regular vinegar in the food isle. Do you have Wallmart there? Christine

Does anyone make their own cleaning vinegar?
    We have a vinegar jar for wine vinegar (you just start with vinegar and keep adding the dregs from bottles, it really ust makes itself.)
    But I wonder if there is a way to make white vinegar as easily... couldn't find anything via Google.

Thread Information