Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: An interview, finally!

SiouzQ -
    It sounds like you are making excellent decisions and I have no doubt that the interview will go very well. I've been following your story with interest (I haven't had any brilliant adviceto add) but I have to tell you that I keep thinking "Of course she's going to succeed, no matter what she does!" You're smart, responsible, kind, willing to work - they'd be nuts not to hire you.
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.” -- Gandalf

Good luck, SiouzQ.!

Do NOT feel guilty about leaving this place behind. No one should get a pass for being a first-class jerk just because they're 81 years old. And do you think "J" and the bookkeeper are worried about what's going to happen to the place when they leave? The boss/owner has made his bed; now he gets to lie in it. Learn what you can from this experience and move on, head held high.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Oh this is interesting, I just had a phone interview from another place I had applied for a few weeks back! We'll see if I get called in for a face-to-face! Isn't it weird when you hold on and on to a problem and it's only when you finally give up and let the universe sort it out that somehow suddenly doors start opening???? It NEVER fails to amaze me! I guess you just have to wade through all the muckity-muck of the decision-making process to get to that point of giving up trying to predict the outcome. ...

omg, I've worked in jobs where I was guilt-tripped by management. I had been at a clerical job about twelve weeks - was really not making enough money, it was a stopgap, but I needed it at the time. When I got an interview and then an offer for a better-paying gig, I took it. The boss I was leaving was a rude jerk about it, and was furious because I had just been using them.

I thought, well, yes, that's how it works. You use me for my labor (at a a criminally cheap rate btw!) and I use you for the paycheck I receive for said labor. What did the dude think it was, a marriage? If I'd screwed up and they wanted to get rid of me, they would have done it in a heartbeat!

It sounds like you have a much better situation - you like this old guy and don't want to hurt his feelings. Maybe stay in touch with him, pop in to say hi every now and then and brighten his day.

Congrats and good luck!

[QUOTE=SiouzQ.;81085] Isn't it weird when you hold on and on to a problem and it's only when you finally give up and let the universe sort it out that somehow suddenly doors start opening???? QUOTE]

That is so true! And can be said in so many different ways.
    We're very thankful for a couple of doors that have opened for us lately after our noses was getting sore from so many closing in our faces.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Wishing you the best with your interview! Something is bound to work out for you, just hang in there and keep taking care of yourself is all the advice I can give.....Rob

The opening doors are very exciting! All fingers crossed here for you, SQ---either employer would be lucky to have you!
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

This is great that things are shaking for you!
    I'm on pins and needles to hear how Mon. goes. Thanks for keeping us posted!
    Sending tons of positive energy your way.

Thank you everyone! Yesterday was a really trying day but I made it through. It's only going to get worse in the next few weeks after "J" leaves on May 20. All of this is only strengthening my resolve to stick to my guns about my time frame. If I get the job at Wholefoods, I will give him 2 weeks notice and leave gracefully by saying it is time for me to move on. If I don't get the job, I will leave for my "vacation" on June 20th, which could actually mean I am leaving for good. II'm pretty sure the owner saw my vacation request, because I saw it crumpled up in his in-box with the tape seal broken (well, maybe I'm assuming he read it). At any rate, I know in my heart I cannot last much longer and am willing to let the chips fall where they may there. I got better things to do!

PS: I am working at my friend's guitar shop for a few days next week while he is in NY. That will feel like vacation in itself!

Well, I had my interview a couple of hours ago and it went really well! As far as the team leader and associate leader of the deli are concerned, I have the job but I need to come in for a second quick interview on Friday with the store manager, fill out some paperwork and get the background check started. I don't want to put in my notice at the guitar store until I get this official confirmation on Friday, but it is looking really good! Woot!

Thread Information