Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Good Mommy/Bad Mommy, setting yourself apart from other moms...

All you have to do, really, is find your center about it. Know that the choices that you make are right/good/ok, and that you don't have to be like everyone else. And, you can defend your choices with "This is how we choose to do things, it's not up for discussion" which worked well for me with the ILs. DH ultimately told his mother (loudly): "Mom, *I am the parent, now back off!*"

Quote Originally Posted by Zoebird View Post
    All you have to do, really, is find your center about it. Know that the choices that you make are right/good/ok, and that you don't have to be like everyone else. And, you can defend your choices with "This is how we choose to do things, it's not up for discussion" which worked well for me with the ILs. DH ultimately told his mother (loudly): "Mom, *I am the parent, now back off!*"
    +1 to this! IME most people eventually just let go and assume that if you haven't killed the kid by now, you probably have some idea what you are doing. Usually by about a year. There are some pushy types that don't give but those people are already bugging you about how you live your life. You know the type.
    My blog: www.sunnysideuplife.blogspot.com

Guess why I smile? Because it's worth it. -Marcel the Shell with Shoes

Thread Information