Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Found dog, but she must be lost?

Great news on the abandoned dog front!!!!!
    Both sisters have been placed in wonderful home situations. After watching them interact with other dogs and people we realized that it would not be traumatic to separate them so they have gone to 2 great owners.

My vet, the staff and all the rescue groups who were involved are all gods and goddesses in my eyes.
    My 2 elderly dogs and herd of cats were happy to part with both energetic youngsters to be sure!
    Of course I realize that if anyone comes up with a non boisterous cat lover of a poochie I am obliged to see if it would be a good fit here.

I love happy endings!

rodeosweetheart
    Our cat Millie was a dumped cat (we lived on a farm) and she is by far the most awesome cat we've ever had, cleft palate and all.
    We advertised for her lost owners (she had a collar) and no one responded, and we were moving in four weeks, but she came with us anyway. That was 7 years ago.
    When we take her to board her at the vet they always say people want to keep her. She is the sweetest cat ever, and has free rein of the vet's office when she goes there.

When I got Cubby her license the other day, I made a big event and go the other dogs excited with treats. Telling all of them Cubby was now ours. Silly I bet for those that do not have pets, but pet people understand
    She is doing very well with her eye surgery recovery. The stitches come out next week and then she gets a trip to the groomer to get all snazzied up.

Is Cubby wearing a Cone of Shame? Did you convince her it was a party hat?

Congratulations to all of you!

Congratulations to Cubby and her new forever family! You found each other when you needed each other.

Two of my wonderful, loving, intelligent, furry family members came to me similarly, one found injured in a parking lot and the other dumped way out in the country. The first lived with me for 14 years, and the other just passed at 13 years a few weeks ago. They both took such good care of me.

The third I found at a rescue; someone had called them and said "I'm fixin' to shoot these pups unless y'all want 'em." His mom is a German Shephard and his dad must be a black lab because he looks like a lab. Sweetest, kindest, most loving fellow ever. My little parrot I found in the classifieds; there'd been a divorce and the bird was no longer wanted. Birds bond with their person and consider them their mate. They don't understand being tossed away, and they grieve. Fortunately he was young and decided that I was his person. He's the sweetest, least-demanding, most patient, easygoing and loving parrot I've ever known.

They've all taken such good care of me. I try to do as well by them. It kills me to have to leave them to spend all day at work. My friends have given up trying to persuade me to go out on work nights; I'm not leaving them alone all day and then rushing home and back out and leaving them again.

Bless you for making space in your life and in your heart for Cubby. May you have many happy years together.

Quote Originally Posted by chanterelle View Post
    Great news on the abandoned dog front!!!!!
    Both sisters have been placed in wonderful home situations.
    Such a blessing! That's wonderful news! Bless you for rescuing them and helping them find their forever homes.

Thread Information