Thread: AnneM.

Mrs-M

AnneM.

Have you on my mind today. How did you make out reading Home Comforts (by Cheryl Mendelson)?

Mrs-M
    P.S. Also thinking about you, too, Catherine!

I borrowed it from the library, and read about the first 1/3 of it thoroughly. Then it came due, and I wasn't able to renew so I had to speed-read through the rest. Wow! If I had the time I could totally see myself trying to follow a lot of what the author does.

But, unfortunately, I am away from home around 11 hours per day working. My husband is a stay-at-home dad who doesn't care too much about being neat and tidy, and has the tendency to not think ahead. For example, when I get home at 6:30 and ask what he thinks we should have for dinner, he says "Um I don't know; haven't thought about it." So then I turn right around, get back in my car and go to get takeout.

If you've ever watched "The Middle" on ABC, we're kind of like that family, down to the youngest one who whispers the last word of his sentences to himself. My husband has even caught towels on fire in the oven a few times.

Mrs-M
    Nice hearing from you, AnneM. Nice part is, you got to enjoy a lot of the book, and really, that's all that matters.

I've never watched, The Middle, but it sounds enjoyable.

Thread Information