Thread: Tiny House Article

Tiny House Article

I found this article in my local paper today and thought a lot of us would be interested.

http://onlineathens.com/local-news/2...t-bigger-trend

I liked the attitude of the people building the house. They didn't want to be saddled with a huge mortgage and wanted to free up money for something they valued (travel). Enjoy!

Mrs-M
    Thanks, DarkStar.

Re: tiny/smaller homes these days, I don't even consider carbon footprints anymore, so much as I do contentment, flexibility, and reduced stress levels. There will always be those who live on the edge, paycheck to paycheck, those like my husband and myself, who seek a comfortable existence, free of debt, stress, and materialist things, and those who want to reduce life's expectations even further. I commend those who are willing to go the extra distance in order to set themselves apart.

Thanks DarkStar. I'm not necessarily interested in living in a very small or even a Tumbleweed style house for myself, but that doesn't mean I don't love checking them out! They're just a little too small for our chosen lifestyle, constant entertaining mostly, but I am in the process of designing a 748 sq. ft. house. Going to start another thread to gather ideas and avoid hijacking this one.

Thread Information